Automobile Navigation DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automobile Navigation DVD

Hello I have a question regarding my Navigation DVD in my car, would DVDFab be able to make me a copy? The reason I ask is because my disc went bad, so I had to buy a new one the dealership said. Well it was VERY expensive! Now that I have the new one, I would like to make a back-up for it in case this one goes bad. Please let me know if this is possible.

I've never had the displeasure, but these nav discs have a hx of being very problematic.
    Your best shot with Fab is to use Clone Mode and keep your fingers X'd.

Some years back, the old DVD Decypter had some success with these auto nav discs where Fab did not?

HTH
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

These map discs at one time were made using PTP (parallel track path) layout which is not readable with DVDFab or any other video-type copier software that I am aware of. I agree that Clone is the only thing worth trying.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        These map discs at one time were made using PTP (parallel track path) layout which is not readable with DVDFab or any other video-type copier software that I am aware of. I agree that Clone is the only thing worth trying.
        Aha!!! ...that was it...PTP vs. OTP.
        Thanks pard

I seem to recall that RW drives were not capable of handling the PTP layer break on DL media.
        I have no idea why some users had success with DVD decrypter as opposed to Fab.
        Apparently, above my pay grade....

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Ohh thanks guys, i dont know what clone is. But its ok, i was just wondering if it could be done simply with DVDfab.

Comment

Originally posted by r1ch79 View Post
            Ohh thanks guys, i dont know what clone is. But its ok, i was just wondering if it could be done simply with DVDfab.
            Clone is just one of the selectable modes in DVD copy, ie., main movie, full disc, customize, clone, etc...

Comment

Working...
            X