No announcement yet.

are you using stopforumspam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything Else are you using stopforumspam?

My email has just blacklisted by stopforumspam. I have no idea why, but I got an email from a friend who runs a forum telling me that my email was now blacklisted on his forum. Is DVDFAB using that database? At stopforumspam, I cannot submit a removal request, nor contact those jerks nor even join their forum to complain. From reading their forum I gather that one can submit an email without any proof the person did any spamming.

They are strict about database submissions. There is some contact link you can use to ask for a correction, one user here did it a couple of years ago. You are fine here, we do not "re-check" any users unless there is a problem, and we do ours manually.

The username that was blacklisted was "jstateson" if that helps you figure out where it may have happened. It was your roadrunner IP address.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi BeemerBiker
      Here is a pic showing a different IP address than yours
      CBR929
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CBR929; 11-17-2012, 03:57 AM.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Managed to get off of the database. I was able to tweet to them and got their attention.

Not sure why their captcha all consistently failed for me. They have a very interesting captcha. You have to assemble a picture such as an automobile, cell phone or camera. The captcha starts off easy but once you fail then they get progressively harder and have more parts to assemble.

Comment

As you can imagine, they have been the target of many DOS attacks from spammers, so they must maintain high security.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X