Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has V9 been lauched with so much missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Why has V9 been lauched with so much missing?

Hi - As a long time and satisfied user of DVDFab, I would like to understand why Version 9 has been lauched with so much missing and numerous bugs. Is it beacuse the developers want to cash in prior to Christmas 2012, hoping that any new customers go straight to purchase V9, without them realising that V8 contains so much more, and has a good proven history?

It seems strange that an organistaion that has supported its customers for so long has now launched a new version that is clearly sub-standard in comparison to its predesessor.

There have been various posts in the past few days from representatives of DVDFab who have stated "Look out for exicting things to come in V9".

Perhaps these representatives might like to inform their customers of these things, instead of wasting our time in having to install, raise queries, realise issues with V9 and then be forced ro revert to version 8 because that works and has the features you need to perform the tasks you want.

I hope DVDFab recognise that even in these times of auserity, it is sometime better to maintain the loyalty of its customers than make it look like you are just cashing in with an inferior product.

Regards
    Last edited by hans302; 11-27-2012, 06:00 AM. Reason: Spelling

Do you understand what "BETA" means?

You can run both versions with no problems...
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Do you understand what "BETA" means?

You can run both versions with no problems...
      Yes! - I do, but I see no reference to the word "Beta" on the download page, nor in the program itself.

There are bug issues when running both versions V9 takes over on certain functions such as loading disks, and File Transfer.

Comment

It will not "take over" if you close it down when not using it. The new v9 will have all functions that were present in v8, and already has some that were not in v8 and never will be. No one is trying to cash in on anything, do you honestly believe they are so shortsighted? Have some patience, all will be well.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Opinion

Originally posted by signals View Post
          ..... do you honestly believe they are so shortsighted? Have some patience, all will be well.
          Shortsighted?.....No...... Commercially driven......Yes. But I will stand corrected if DVDFab state that Version 9 is a BETA version. I see no evidence of this. My opinion still stands.
          Last edited by hans302; 11-27-2012, 06:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Your opinion is just that. You are welcome to it, but it has no basis in fact. V9 is no longer a beta release, and all the features I use are present, but your requirements may be different from mine. Post a list of what you find to be missing from v9.0.1.1.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have already ...

Originally posted by signals View Post
              ...... Post a list of what you find to be missing from v9.0.1.1.
              I have already...

Comment

It's called a Work In Progress.

Comment

Working...
                X