This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How not to receive help: this post is a fine example

After reviewing the hundreds of thread post Titles, I just figured somebody should post something positive. They're ALL so dismal, sad and depressing.

Yes, I too am filled to the brim with crashes and burns (well, maybe no so many burns as I'd wish) _and_ Version 9.0 phoning home problems. Geeze, with all the $$ I've plopped down though, for each of the six modules I've purchased (separately for financial reasons), admittedly it does get discouraging at times.

Now with version 9, I can't even use DVD Copy anymore (except in Trial mode and for 29 more days) because waaaay back when I purchased it under another email address (God help me for changing my address, huh?) and now when version 9 phones home, it uses my new address that I've purchased the $200 or so worth of modules under. I just can't wait to see what happens when I move over to my new computer and try to install the program on that system. When DVDFab phones home it will probably bust a gut. And refuse registration one might suspect??

Thank goodness I have submitted in English my support request to get my DVDCopy properly registered. I can at least expect a 48 hour turnaround (maybe) for a fix. If it was submitted in one the languages not "supported", it would be a week or more for a reply (maybe). Funny thing that. Guess if you're crazy enough to speak in a non-supported language you get what you deserve.

Anyway, when the program does work, it's a pure joy. I just wish that every time I used it I didn't feel like I was walking on eggshells. It's like running a beta freeware program each and every time I fire it up. And NOW, with the phoning home crap (wonder what all's getting sent home, btw), it's even more suspenseful at launch. Soooo much fun.

Speaking of dysfunction, I note that DVD Creator 9 does not create DVDs that can be played in one of dem ol' fashioned standalone DVD players from the 70's (and 80's and 90's and 00's). It _will_, however, play on a computer, though. Guess the glass is half full.

I also note that yesterday Avangate would NOT take either of my credit cards when I tried to buy DVD Creator. Not at all. Not using American Express Platinum. Not with Discover. Not with Internet Explorer. Not with Google Chrome. Guess I'm just S.O.L on using that 25% discount code this time. :--( Well, at least I tried. :--)

BTW, where do I sign up to get in line for an IPO. These guys GOTTA be making money hand over fist and with soooo much user happiness and contentment, I expect they'll last well into this new millenium.

But I still love the program. Still say it's Fab, Groovy and Mod. Go ahead, challenge that statement all you naysayers!!

-bladerunner

I couldn't find an obvious question in your thesis so I moved it here to General Chat.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Bladerunner

If you have a problem, state it succinctly and supply the information needed so that someone can help you with it. This is not your personal blog. Future posts like this will be deleted.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by bladerunner View Post
        Now with version 9, I can't even use DVD Copy anymore (except in Trial mode and for 29 more days) because waaaay back when I purchased it under another email address (God help me for changing my address, huh?) and now when version 9 phones home, it uses my new address that I've purchased the $200 or so worth of modules under. I just can't wait to see what happens when I move over to my new computer and try to install the program on that system. When DVDFab phones home it will probably bust a gut. And refuse registration one might suspect??
        Signals, with all due respect, I'd like to just ask a question about this..

I have a tendency to change ISPs when I move house. Because I rent and not own, that tends to be every couple of years, this means my email address changes.

So, if I understand bladerunner correctly, if I change email addreses I might break my lifetime subscription for the DVDFAB products?

am I understanding this correctly?

If so, would it be acceptable for me to set up a generic yahoo or hotmail account and change my details to that, or once I have registered and licenced the products, am I stuck with what I have?

thanks
        Tanya

Comment

This is an issue for many users, but it can easily be changed by the service team at the DVDFab office, just let them know while you still have access to the email account your are closing when the registered email address needs to change. Many users also register with a webmail account (as of this writing, any of the major ones except AOL are fine) so that their license is not necessarily tied to a given internet service provider.

Originally posted by Yanta View Post
          Signals, with all due respect, I'd like to just ask a question about this..

I have a tendency to change ISPs when I move house. Because I rent and not own, that tends to be every couple of years, this means my email address changes.

So, if I understand bladerunner correctly, if I change email addreses I might break my lifetime subscription for the DVDFAB products?

am I understanding this correctly?

If so, would it be acceptable for me to set up a generic yahoo or hotmail account and change my details to that, or once I have registered and licenced the products, am I stuck with what I have?

thanks
          Tanya
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X