My Intel Quick Sync test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware My Intel Quick Sync test.

I’ve been reading various members extolling the merits of Intel Quick Sync so I decided to test it this morning. I pulled the Radon HD 7700 card (not a terrible graphics card but no help on encoding) and installed the latest drivers for the HD 4000 integrated graphics. To set this up I always rip the DVD to the HDD as a full disk. Saves wear and is faster to manipulate than the slow optical drive. I make mkv.h264.ac3 for my media player @ high quality. I’m impressed! Results attached:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

I know!

Comment

How about the quality of the end result?

Comment

Looks great on the media player. All synced up too.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I just did "TED" to make sure it wasn't a fluke, it's not.
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thats DVD, how fast is it with Blu-ray?

Comment

I made my DUNE BR into an mkv.h264.ac3 this morning, but I have no point of comparison. The mkv file was almost 6GB and that's why I don't do this. Take a look and tell me how it compares.
              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

You know of course that you can put your ATI card back in, install VIRTU then have Quick Sync turned on or off, depending on your preference.

Comment

Yeah thanks Marty and that's likely what I'll try again. I tried once and it gave me fits loading DVDFab version 9. I had a conflict somewhere and didn't feel it was important enough to track down, I feel differently now!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Just to let you know... you have to add the DVDfab.exe to the app list in VIRTU or it won't work.

I would also download the latest version from the LucidLogix website rather than your mobo manufacturers website.

Comment

Good info thanks!

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have an Ivy Bridge 3rd gen i7 and can find no information on the site about comparability. Do you happen to know if it works with my processor?

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have ivy bridge too with an i7-3770K. But which VIRTU you can use depends on your mobo. I have an MSI Thunderbolt board which is licensed to use VIRTU MVP. Which is what I would download, if everything is okay VIRTU will state licensed on the about page.

Comment

25min's for BD, thats pretty nice! Thats what I was interested in, have to see what I can do about Quick Sync!

I use H264 autocopy MKV, it comes out about half of the orginal movies, as far as GB's!
                            Last edited by 8855A; 01-31-2013, 04:54 AM. Reason: info

Comment

Around 35-45 mins, longest has been 47mins for BD! Then to MKV right at 45-50 mins! Main Movie only!

Comment

Working...
                              X