Objections to Version 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Objections to Version 9

I for 1 hate this new version... I hope they never do away with the older 8 series. I have tried the new version, and the first thing I noticed is it doesn't hold your drives, you need to load the burner drive everytime and the other was you can't see the progression of the copy/burn process. I am still reverting back to 8.2.2.8 because all the kinks are worked out of that... There are still many kinks in this new version as I have found out.

My suggestion, is to download the 8.2.2.8 version and try. It may help or not...
    "Are you still master of your domain?"
    Cosmo Kramer

I moved this post here so I could respond to your objections to version 9. First of all it takes less than one second to select the target drive from the drop down menu for the target. And secondly there are at least 3 progress indicators in version 9. See attachments:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by dcc1048 View Post
      ..........................................edited.. ............My suggestion, is to download the 8.2.2.8 version and try. It may help or not...
      My suggestion is to learn how to use and love v9, it is the future of DVDFab and v8 is unlikely to be updated very much longer at all. Word to the wise
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

On my computer Version 9 crashes all the time when it reencodes 3D. Version 8 works on the same computer perfect. I hate Version 9, too .

The only thing that works is clone.

Here is one example of Verion 9. I can not reencode a single 3D movie Verion 9.

4m 19.15s: info: processing source(00609.ssif)
        4m 20.50s: error: filter name(filter_mvc_encode), type(8), id(6), get fatal exception
        4m 20.72s: terminate process
        4m 20.72s: error: filter name(filter_mvc_encode), type(8), id(6), get fatal exception
        Last edited by Mr230268; 04-19-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

This is the wrong place to post if you are having a problem with one of the modules. Use the Software Support forum that corresponds to the problem, and post the complete log session.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have no problems what so ever with V9, I just deleted V8 from my computer because V9 is so much better, I love the interface and the ease of performing tasks that I had a bit of a problem doing with V8. To me this is the most comprehensive program for these tasks on the internet, it does everything I need and gives me the option of doing more. I agree it took a bit of getting used to, but once I got used to it, it was all good.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I'm running 8.2.2.8 but have been reading a little about V9. From "90312"'s thumbnails, it looks like V9 is a significant change regarding screencaps, appearances, vs the V8 releases.

Was this change due to some of the Blu-Ray issues or the need to fix BR problems?

I'm not a BR guy, not in that mkt. I use Fab for standard DVD's at present.

I'm sure I'll need a little "curve" time when I upgrade to V9 but I'm confident I'll be ok, as long as V9 functions the same as V8, ie, copying to discs or HDD, merge, custom track select, etc, all the options that Fab is known for and appreciated...by me..., at least

Comment

Just to be clear Scoop I use DVDFab Media Player's snapshot feature to make thumbnails for iTunes and the PSP.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Just to be clear Scoop I use DVDFab Media Player's snapshot feature to make thumbnails for iTunes and the PSP.
                  Ok, thanks.

Thanks again for your "ImgBurn" help recently. Burnings are cruising along now

Comment

You're Welcome

Albert Einstein

Comment

Does anyone have these problems in Version 9?

-Slow response in the file browse dialogue? I mean really slow, takes ages to browse directories

-The start button disappears when you are trying to do a main movie DVD copy multiple times on a single disc (e.g. trying to copy multiple eps from a TV disc)

-Overall sluggish response?

-Did I mention the file browse problem?

There are some good points, but the bad points out weigh the good

Comment

Originally posted by Browneye View Post
                        Does anyone have these problems in Version 9?

-Slow response in the file browse dialogue? I mean really slow, takes ages to browse directories
                        I have never noticed this, going back to the Alpha versions of v9 almost a year ago.

-The start button disappears when you are trying to do a main movie DVD copy multiple times on a single disc (e.g. trying to copy multiple eps from a TV disc)
                        Not clear on your goals here, you probably should be using Customize mode.

-Overall sluggish response?
                        Not that I have noticed.

-Did I mention the file browse problem?
                        Very funny, yes.

There are some good points, but the bad points out weigh the good
                        This of course is subjective opinion, not universally shared.

Comment

Signals,

-I am browsing to a NAS and it is slow...whereas normal browsing in Windows 7 with the explorer is just fine with normal response. It seems that it might not like browsing network drives.

-I am trying to copy multiple single episodes of a TV program to separate directories. I do the first one on the disc and when i return to do the next one, the Start button disappears. This is through Copy/Main Movie. If I try Copy/Customise, the same thing happens. Screen grab attached.

-Version 8 was great, version 9 seems cludgy and slow. Same computer.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And another screen grab showing it from the Copy/Main Movie menu
                            Attached Files

Comment

I don't really recommend NAS for Source or Target with DVDFab. It often has problems because it depends on the network where there can be variations in timing and throughput. But if it worked well with v8 they should be able to make it work with v9.

I don't have a NAS drive, so I can't test that but if you need to make individual folders for each episode of a TV disc/folder just use Customize mode and after each episode completes and and you click Finish, just put a check mark in the box indicated in the screen capture to reactivate the Source and then select the next episode--all the control buttons will be there.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X