Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 8.1

So far so good, the only snafu was the driver for Intel HD 4000 video. After a Windows update version '3222' was installed, which disabled Quick Sync. After manually re-installing '3165' Quick Sync works fine.
    So far the Windows 8.0 weirdness hasn't returned. I still have a full Windows 7 system backup just in case.

Please keep everyone posted.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Nothing to report so far, which is a good thing...

Comment

The saga continues...............
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still running fine...

After it gets officially released this week I'll probably do a clean install, this was a 7 upgrade.

I never liked doing upgrades, so it'll be for my own peace of mind.

Comment

Marty,

Do you have the stupid "Watermark" about SecureBoot on your screen? I can't get rid of & HP wants me to do a restore & remove 8.1.

Comment

Take a look here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c03653226
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm not using secure boot, so there is no watermark...

Comment

watermark

I didn't really do anything special when it first appeared, just the enable/disable switch that HP suggested. it disappeared on its own yesterday.

90312- I looked at that article, but didn't mess with the BIOS or the recovery option

Comment

It was instruction on disabling it on an HP if it came to that. Unless you know what you are doing messing around in the BIOS is never a good idea.

Glad it went away and you're going!
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X