Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab Home Page and Forum; Access issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Home Page and Forum; Access issues?

Hi all

I was unable to access the DVDFab home site http://www.dvdfab.com/index.htm

or this forum site for the past couple of days. All is ok now but the past couple of days, I was seeing my browser "hour-glass" when I tried to access both sites. There was no browser error, just no site page loading from either site.

All of my other 'net sites have been working ok, all pages loading, able to access.

I was seeing the problem on 2 PC's.

My info:

- Desktop PC: Windows 7 x64 IE10
    - Laptop PC: Windows 7 x64 IE11

The symptoms were the same with both PC's.

The other thing I noticed, after being able to access the forum today is that the icon symbol that used to be present on the left-hand side of the screen, located between the the thread title and the thread member's name is missing. This this the icon that indicates there are unread posts in a thread.

Does anyone else notice that this icon is missing? It was there a couple of days ago, before my site accessing problem appeared.

Nope...
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Their was a problem with the server or sight a few days ago I also couldn't get on for about a hour but it seems to be working ok now.

Comment

Thanks. It's all ok know, since this morning U.S. CST. The "unread post" icon is also appearing again on my browser.

Comment

Send me a PM when you think there is something wrong with the forum, if I can check it while it is happening there is a better chance of getting it fixed.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I sent Monica a email as soon as I couldn't get on the forum and all other internet sights were working.She returned the email when it was working again thanking me.

I think they have been working on it as any information requests the last few days took a long time to come back the server was very slow in responding.All seems back to normal now.

PM's can not be sent if the Fab forum and home page doesn't load and their is no access to the forum from the sales page that did work.

Should you also like to be notified if this happens in the future provide a email address.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Send me a PM when you think there is something wrong with the forum, if I can check it while it is happening there is a better chance of getting it fixed.
              Thanks, I'll try that in the future, provided I can access the forum to use the PM utility.

When I noticed the problem on my 2 PC's, I decided to try to eliminate some things before contacting Monica (that's the only DVDFab e-mail contact that I have in my e-mail address book).

When something similar occurs, with my PC, etc, I'll try to find the cause of the problem before contacting someone. I guess that's an old "technician" habit .

In this case, I decided to give it a couple of days before contacting someone or mentioning it here, in the General Chat section to see if anyone else had been experiencing the same issue.

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              I sent Monica a email as soon as I couldn't get on the forum and all other internet sights were working.She returned the email when it was working again thanking me.

I think they have been working on it as any information requests the last few days took a long time to come back the server was very slow in responding. All seems back to normal now.

PM's can not be sent if the Fab forum and home page doesn't load and their is no access to the forum from the sales page that did work.

Should you also like to be notified if this happens in the future provide a email address.
              Thanks for the info. That may explain why I wasn't able to access the sites.

E-mail notification, that's a good idea I think I have Monica's current e-mail from past correspondence but not sure if it's changed recently.

I had an e-mail in "draft" mode but was waiting to be sure that the problem wasn't a local issue, "cookies", DNS issue, etc.

Is that the person to contact in the event the sites aren't accessable?

Comment

I think anybody from staff would do I chose her as she knows good English and had her email address handy also.It's mona@dvdfab.com not Monica as i said in the last post.

Comment

I think anybody from staff would do I chose her as she knows good English and had her email address handy also.It's mona@dvdfab.com not Monica as i said in the last post.
                  Thanks. After looking it up in my e-mail address book, I have the right e-mail address.

Comment

You should remember the time and in some cases date difference when sending emails to Beijing. The moderators and a few others can always get in touch with me by email or in some cases telephone. If the forum is functional at all, the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page comes straight to me. The Chinese characters in my user title mean "Nightwatchman", meaning night in Beijing, so if you are in the western hemisphere and can see the sun, I am on duty and available, and they are hopefully asleep.

I think they have been working on it as any information requests the last few days took a long time to come back the server was very slow in responding.All seems back to normal now.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X