This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product path/map/?

I've looked on both forums, can't seem to find it, could be there and if so my apologies.

I have gotten quite confused about the product offerings DVD Fab has morphed in to.

We went through the one stop shopping product and testing beta and "final" releases and in doing so several of us suggested breaking the dvd to dvd stuff out, have a blu ray plus dvd package, a dvd only package, stuff like that. Is that what has happened? Instead of one package and you register/purchase modules, the actual product lines are different and distinct?

If so is there a product map somewhere so we can keep track of whose who in the zoo?

If the product packages are distinct am I presuming when that would appear to me DVD stuff gets its own support/attention/encryption attention/etc.?

Part of my concern with the focus on blu-ray is that dvd became the bastard child.

One of the reasonable and fair complaints about [eidt] is cost. By the time you add up the cost of each individual package its quite expensive. Sorry but it is. Are we looking at being bled to death, "nickeled and dimed" now with DVDFab?

Many of us old timers had gotten used to, despite our concerns, the one stop shopping of DVDFab as it is even into version 6. Is that structure, organization, whatever you want to call it, changing?
    Last edited by troy512; 09-24-2009, 08:11 PM.

Beginning with v6, the options were broken out to reduce the cost if you did not want or need everything. The only options that are linked are DVD to Mobile and DVD to DVD: they share the DVD reading and decrypting technology, so if you want DVD to Mobile you must have DVD to DVD first. With that one exception, everyone can make the upgrade path that suits their needs and add more later if desired. DVD to DVD is not the bastard stepchild. Development continues (look at the release notes) and additional features are on the drawing board. We ask in the Forum Rules and General Policies that users refrain from commenting about competing software, so I'll just point out that DVDFab offers all the options in the same integrated user interface.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

please review the DVDFab New Purchase Options

Comment

And............

All DVD Fab modules are contained in one installation package and are available as a fully functional 30 day free trial.

We thoroughly recommend that you try this before you purchase any module so that you are sure that the modules that you purchase meet your needs.

DVD Fab will neither copy nor remove copy protection from software BD/ DVD's/CD's, games BD/DVD's/CD's nor music BD/DVD's/CD's.

It is designed for copying, copy protection removal & encoding of BD/DVD video/movies only.

The reason that most of us use DVD Fab over products like Shrink is that development on Shrink has ceased ages ago, and hence new DVD titles that come out with new copy protection schemes cannot be processed.

Whereas on the other hand, DVD Fab usually has a beta release within a few days of the title release which removes the new protection.

HD Decrypter - Free Module

HD Decrypter will rip a DVD to a hard disk folder removing all copy protection but without compression to a hard disk folder or an ISO image file on the hard disk. HD Decrypter will NOT process a Blu-Ray disk.

This module will continue working even after the expiration of the trial period and is totally FREE!!

DVD to DVD - Purchased Module

DVD to DVD will remove all copy protection and copy a DVD to another DVD, a Hard Disk Folder or an ISO file with or without compression to either a Dual Layer or Single Layer disc. DVD to DVD allows you to copy the entire disc bit for bit or select only the titles/chapters that you want.

This module also allows you to split episodic/season DVD movies or TV series.

It also allows you to customise your DVD to include only your favorite titles, audio tracks and subtitle tracks.

You can keep the menus or remove them or combine two or more DVD's to one disc.

How you want to personalise your DVD is up to you.

Blu-ray to Blu-ray - Purchased Module

Blu-ray to Blu-ray will will remove all copy protection and copy a Blu-ray disc to another Blu-ray disc, a Hard Disk Folder or an ISO file without compression. Blu-ray to Blu-ray allows you to copy the entire disc bit for bit or select only the main movie.

It will also burn any Blu-ray disc without compression from a hard disk folder or an ISO image file.

DVD to Mobile - Purchased Module
        DVD to Mobile will take the output from a DVD, a DVD structure held on a Hard Disk or an ISO file and produce a file to the specifications outlined in the profile chosen.

There are a wide range of profiles for different devices included but you may also modify the existing profiles or create custom profiles to meet your specific needs.

File to Mobile - Purchased Module
        File to Mobile instead uses a wide range of video file formats as the input instead of the DVD structure as in DVD to Mobile and has the same wide range of output options.

File Mover - Purchased Module
        File Mover assists users in moving files to their mobile devices. Currently it supports iPod, PSP and ZUNE, and it will support more devices in the future.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

"DVD to DVD is not the bastard stepchild."

Did not say it was. Said it becoming so was one of my, and some others, fears. Glad it did not play out in a way that confirmed my fear.

So if we who have been around for some time purchase the modules the interface will stay as it is in v6 or are we looking at launching individual programs/modules when I want to do dvd vs blu-ray vs dvd to mobile?

"...the options were broken out to reduce the cost if you did not want or need everything."

Well fair enough. But if that also means its more expensive if one wants all the modules that is not such a good thing for end users. I see my reference to a different product now says "eidt". That particular product is a good example of how the cost of a full featured product can be quite expensive when taking the "module" approach.

Comment

the best

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Beginning with v6, the options were broken out to reduce the cost if you did not want or need everything. The only options that are linked are DVD to Mobile and DVD to DVD: they share the DVD reading and decrypting technology, so if you want DVD to Mobile you must have DVD to DVD first. With that one exception, everyone can make the upgrade path that suits their needs and add more later if desired. DVD to DVD is not the bastard stepchild. Development continues (look at the release notes) and additional features are on the drawing board. We ask in the Forum Rules and General Policies that users refrain from commenting about competing software, so I'll just point out that DVDFab offers all the options in the same integrated user interface.
            for me dvd fab has allways been the best keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
            X