Avast Antivirus and V 9.1.6.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Avast Antivirus and V 9.1.6.8

My software tried updating to version 9.1.6.8 and Avast!Antivirus reported this as a virus Win32:Crypt-IKM [Trj]
    is-S5TPA.tmp file.
    So, since I didn't have the previous setup version of 9.1.6.6 or others, I had to disable my antivirus to get this to load. Not safe I know. Will run a virus scan to make sure.

Hi Orpheus75
    Another user posted the same thing but, I also have Avast and installed it with no problem.
    I should also say that I always install all my program installers as administrator too.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

ahh...okay

I just tried that, worked great! Thanks!!!

I had first used the update... didn't like that. Then downloaded the whole thing. Same issue. Just tried your example, worked!

Comment

Glad it worked for you!
        I never use the update feature, I just install the latest version in its own location and never have a problem but then again I have 32 version 9's installed and working...
        CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 09-13-2014, 08:26 PM. Reason: Text
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I used the full install now instead of the update method and it installed without a hitch. Problem solved....

Thx for the advice...

Comment

AVAST doesnt like the copy I downloaded either

Tried as Admin as well...

Also turned of AVAST temporarily....installed...and when it executes, AVAST refuses to let it run.

What gives?

Comment

It is a false positive, update Avast and it should take care of the problem. This installer has been checked with Kaspersky, Avira, Eset and MalwarebytesPro and is clean. If you are downloading from somewhere besides the links posted here (http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9) you may have a "contaminated" version. You can check your installer by comparing the MD5 checksum that is posted here in the release notes with the checksum generated by the installer you downloaded. There is free software that will do this if you do not have it.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X