Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony BDP-BX510 w/WiFi Plays Cinavia Files via USB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony BDP-BX510 w/WiFi Plays Cinavia Files via USB!

This standalone Sony BDP-BX510 Blu-ray player can actually play Cinavia movie files via the USB connection on the front and back! And it's absolutely amazing that it's currently selling for only $49.99 on Ebay at the link listed below! I have played the following file formats: MKV, MP4, M2TS, VOB and MPG.

You want to talk value? This player has an Internet Browser, tons of apps, for example: Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Crackle, Pandora, SiriusXM, VUDU, NBA Game Time, Vimeo, Wired, Flixter, Slaker and NPR to name a few! It even has DNLA capabilities so you can stream media from a network.

So if you've ever felt that it's time to replace your media player or other standalone, NOW is the time with this fantastic Blu-ray player for only $50!

Sony BDP-BX510 1080P 3D Blu Ray & DVD Player Netflix USB Apps w/ Built-in WiFi

This is a great price for a 3d player also but you should say
    Seller refurbished

“This item includes a 1 year warranty.

Comment

I forgot to add how ironic it is that this player is made by Sony!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe747 View Post
        This is a great price for a 3d player also but you should say
        Seller refurbished

“This item includes a 1 year warranty.
        Yessir! I forgot about that but I was so damn excited that I found a player that doesn't drop my DTS-HD MA audio tracks like my AIOS Media Center did frequently.

These types of players with awesome features (like media player Cinavia bypass) don't last for long so I would jump on it, guys.
        Last edited by SuperFist; 10-04-2014, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Have you tried plugging a external hard drive in the USB jack or is it only good for movies on a USB stick?

Are you saying your AIOS doesn't play DTS hd master any more when you say they drop tracks?.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe747 View Post
            Have you tried plugging a external hard drive in the USB jack or is it only good for movies on a USB stick?

Are you saying your AIOS doesn't play DTS hd master any more when you say they drop tracks?.
            I apologize for the misunderstanding. I have only used external HDDs: a 3TB and 4TB to be exact and they are both formatted NTFS (well, you know... those larger external drive enclosures that have the special tooled hardware interface that makes them contiguous instead of separated into partitions over 2GB).
            Last edited by SuperFist; 10-04-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Important MKV and M2TS Playing Information

I have discovered there are certain things to be noted when playing MKV and M2TS files via USB on this Blu-ray player. For the most part, you can't play them directly from a Full Movie copy of DVDFab. The header information in the M2TS is compressed and needs to be corrected before it can be fully playable on the blu-ray player. If you don't do this, the movie will play around 20 minutes and then freeze.

To correctly process M2TS or MKV, use the Blu-ray Ripper module in DVDFab with M2TS Passthrough or MKV Passthrough to retain HD audio. If you don't own this module, you can also process this in Handbrake, however, there is no way to passthrough Dolby TrueHD with this program. So in this respect, DVDFab's Blu-ray Ripper is the best program to use for this.

Another thing you need to keep in mind is DO NOT press the remote's ENTER button to play movies. It is merely for Preview and at best it will play around 5 minutes and then freeze.

Comment

We don't normally allow links to sales at ebay or other sites, but since many members might be interested in this drive, I have left the thread open. This does not mean that DVDFab or Fengtao Software endorse or approve of this offer. There are other refurb and new BD players that do not respond to Cinavia via the USB port. You do have the added benefit with this one that long-time member SuperFist apparently has one and has shared some excellent tips on getting the most out of it.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  We don't normally allow links to sales at ebay or other sites, but since many members might be interested in this drive, I have left the thread open. This does not mean that DVDFab or Fengtao Software endorse or approve of this offer. There are other refurb and new BD players that do not respond to Cinavia via the USB port. You do have the added benefit with this one that long-time member SuperFist apparently has one and has shared some excellent tips on getting the most out of it.
                  Thanks, Signals!

Comment

Looks to be Sold Out

Comment

Working...
                    X