Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been away for a while. What is this US EDITION that is available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been away for a while. What is this US EDITION that is available?

Haven't been around since all the legal issues start up a year or so ago.
    Just stopped by and noticed under 'Buy Now' that there is a US EDITION.

Can someone get me up to speed on what is happening around here with US and US Available versions? I thought a while ago, there would be no more US Customers for DVD Fab?

That is incorrect. The US version does not decrypt Blu-ray but is otherwise identical. There are 3rd party workarounds for the US version that we can't discuss publicly here.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

There are other versions available for people with non US IP addresses. I have read that using TOR is a way of getting a non US IP address. Allegedly.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        That is incorrect. The US version does not decrypt Blu-ray but is otherwise identical. There are 3rd party workarounds for the US version that we can't discuss publicly here.
        Understood.
        If I was a previous customer (but had stopped using the full product earlier in the year) are there any discounts to getting the US Version, or are there any other known legal issues on the US side of things for even using your US Version (as is?)

Comment

If you had a license that has expired, the cheapest thing to do is to just renew the license, it is much less expensive than buying the product again from scratch. You can renew on the DVDFab website (which is now www.dvdfab.cn) by using the Member Center. If you do not have an account there, create one using the same email address you used for the previous purchase (so that the expired licenses will show and allow you to renew). If you have problems with any of this process, send an email to the Service Team using the Support tab in the black bar at the top of the website home page.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just found out my license doesn't expire till early next year.

So, if I re-download dvdfab and my license key, will it unlock the US version or will I be using the full version (which I do not want to use)

Comment

That is great, no$$ for now at least

To use v8, you use the downloaded key, for the new v9 , you register it by entering the email address and password you used to create your account at the Member Center, there is no key to download. It will unlock either version. There is no US version of v8.

Comment

Does the US Version still have the _US designation in it's file name? Or is it designated in the ABOUT area of the program?
                Last edited by Krazijoe; 12-09-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazijoe View Post
                  Does the US Version still have the _US designation in it's file name? Or is it designated in the ABOUT area of the program?
                  yes, the usa version says 9xxxUS.exe

Comment

To clarify, the US designation is in the installer file name, not the program executable.

Comment

Working...
                    X