Forced Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Subtitles

Is there a website that can tell you if a movie has "forced subtitles" or not? Ripping a movie to MKV is seamless however finding the correct combination which includes subtitles is another story. Knowing if a movie has forced subtitles would help immensely.

Thanks in advance,

For DVDs, you don't need a website, just the free DVDSubEdit software. It will easily identify forced subs if you write the DVD to a folder with DVDFab. There are threads on several forums with forced sub lists. Maybe someone else can provide a link.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Blu-Rays Region,Title,Time Stamp,Separate, Hardcoded or Forced,Track #,Description,Main Title Stream or Playlist File,Scope Screen Friendly,MakeMKV Subtitle #,Disc ID Code (located on back of disc around ring) #,f BD,US,10 Things I Hate About You (1999),1:12:25,Hardcoded,N/A,French conversation ...

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
      MultiShrink
      : DVD Shrink batch processing
      Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Thanks Chetwood. Knew I had seen it somewhere.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed. This helps for movies I have ripped yet have not seem yet.

I just reviewed the spreadsheet and noticed Winter soldier is the third "English" is the answer to my next question.

Last question, is the spreadsheet provided continually updated on the link provided. If so, I'll use it as a reference going forward which will save countless hours on future rips?

Can't thank you enough.
          Last edited by Flettster; 01-10-2015, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Quite possible but I can't be sure cause I don't use it.

MultiShrink

Comment

Hey Chet,

I'm ripping Blu Rays and found that "direct Render" and generally "English 2" seems to catch most of the "forced subtitles". I'd like to set my default to Direct render but wanted to check with you to see if that would cause any future complications.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.
              Flettster

Comment

I don't know cause I don't use that functionality but since direct render hardcodes the sub into the video stream, it's the only way to get them to show on any standalone out there.

MultiShrink

Comment

Working...
                X