Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Media question

Hello,

I am writing to ask a question or two about social media and DVDFab.

Is it social media who keeps deleting DVDFab accounts?

I noticed DVDFabs twitter, facebook and others accounts are dead again which is why I ask.

Are those companies so upset that DVDFab and other sites like them exist?

Just a question.
    Thanks
    Gren

Well, Grendor, I will share with you the information I have. Some of the accounts have indeed been closed again. I can tell you with 100% certainty it was not done by anyone at DVDfab, and it can be assumed it was lawyers from the same huge corporations again harassing the social site providers. It is easier for them to just go along with the demands rather than stand up to the Goliaths and what you see is the result. No decision has been made as to whether the sites will be moved or restarted, at least as far as I know. DVDFab has received no takedown notices or other communication from any of the providers. This would seem to violate certain parts of the US Constitution, but the DMCA apparently supercedes it, at least in the eyes of the courts. It is a sad day in the (former) land of freedom.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hey Signals,

Thanks for the reply to my question, I appreciate it.

Its to bad so many companies cause so much trouble for you.

Many people use your software for backup purposes or to watch a movie from a different region they purchased.

But i guess they assume everyone does illegal things with software like this, even thou most people don't.

Anyways thanks again for the reply.
      Love the software and the support and service.
      Thanks
      Gren

Comment

Yes, sadly the DMCA does not make a distinction between legitimate use and pirating, it just assumes it is all pirating; all are painted with the same brush. When you buy a DVD or Blu-ray, you own nothing but the right to watch it until it wears out, certainly no Fair Use rights are included (in their view). Should be marked so on the package.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X