Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SSD, select specific write location

Hey folks,
    Im in the process of converting my pc from a normal HDD to a new samsung SSD for speed, etc. I know writing large amounts of data (like Blu rays) to SSD after a while can be an issue. Does DvdFab allow me to change the destination folder to something other than the normal "C" drive in which the OS resides upon? I have a NAS in which I could utilize rather than the SSD.

I know I can easily choose the folder in which the final file is placed in but from previous experience I believe that during the iso creation process, the file is temporarily written to a designated DVD Fab folder in the C drive.

Hope this was not too confusing

Thanks!

In "Common Settings", under "General" there is a place where you can change the "Temporary Directory". I believe this will be what you need. If not, I hope someone corrects me because I'm going through exactly what you are. I'm going through all my software programs( I'm discovering that I have a LOT of them ) & changing Temporary file locations to another internal HHD. Along with Cache files & things of that nature. If anybody has suggestions on a better way or if you feel that this is just a crazy stupid way of going about it, Please, let me know.

As long as you're at it, you may want to change where the log files are written. That would be under "Diagnosis"
    Last edited by Digidave; 11-17-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Digidave View Post
      In "Common Settings", under "General" there is a place where you can change the "Temporary Directory". I believe this will be what you need. If not, I hope someone corrects me because I'm going through exactly what you are. I'm going through all my software programs( I'm discovering that I have a LOT of them ) & changing Temporary file locations to another internal HHD. Along with Cache files & things of that nature. If anybody has suggestions on a better way or if you feel that this is just a crazy stupid way of going about it, Please, let me know.

As long as you're at it, you may want to change where the log files are written. That would be under "Diagnosis"
      Awesome, exactly the info I was looking for! i will try and set them to a separate local HDD rather than the SSD. I will report back!

Comment

NAS is not the best choice, due to network timing and overhead issues that can cause problems for DVDFab in some cases. Just get a another internal HDD or an external. You are wise to protect the SSD.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          NAS is not the best choice, due to network timing and overhead issues that can cause problems for DVDFab in some cases. Just get a another internal HDD or an external. You are wise to protect the SSD.
          After I posted, I realized I could use my extra internal HDD for copying/writing rather than the NAS or SSD.....problem solved!

Thanks guys! I went ahead and made the changes using digidave settings and all is well.

Comment

Working...
          X