region code won't get removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

region code won't get removed

I have a DVD I purchased that has the European region code. The region code won't remove and burn to region 1 for the United States

the region code may not be the only problem. Europe uses PAL format
    and the United states uses NTSC format. in other words, PAL format
    discs won't display correctly on USA NTSC tv's. dvdfab cannot convert PAL format
    to NTSC format.
    Last edited by october262; 02-24-2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Post the internal log for this disc.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

These guides describes how to convert a video to DVD, VCD, SVCD, CVD or AVI,DivX,Xvid, ASF and more.

I had the same issue as you - it's a long process to change a PAL/R2 DVD to a NTSC/R1 DVD for it to work on your Region 1/A dvd player, but the above site lists pictorial guides on how to do the process. Some of the software is old, but I still believe it's free. The only issues you may run into is with the "patch method" is that the framerate will flicker or run slower than usual since PAL discs and DVD player run at a different conversion speed or may not run at all depending on your type of DVD player model. I'd suggest using a DVD-RW (re-writable disc) to test that method first and not waste a disc. I suggested DVDFab to create a method or feature of their own but probably won't happen. It's been a couple of months since you posted so you probably already found that on your own by now. But GL nonetheless.
        Last edited by Shawk; 04-06-2016, 01:16 AM. Reason: Reply, Accidental Quote

Comment

Working...
        X