Is this for real or just Phishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything Else Is this for real or just Phishing

Just got an email that looks to be from DVDfab. Content below...

Hello DVDFab Meta Info contributor:
    A gospel is on the way! You tried your best in DVDFab Meta Info Upload Competition held in January, and got sufficient awards. And now, to feed back your hard-working, DVDFab offers you more.
    Seckill Amazon Gift Card Totally for Free
    The FCs you earned in DVDFab Meta Info Upload Competition now can be used to seckill Amazon Gift Card. Truth is the more your FCs are, the higher-valued Amazon Gift Card you will be lucky to get. This round will be held at 9:00 GMT on April. 6, and following, the seckilling will be held at the same time on 1st of every month. Try your luck!
    Learn More
    For more details regarding the seckilling, please visit: metainfo.dvdfab.cn/get-cash.htm

Either it is spam or it is not very well done. Links direct to dvdfab.com which I thought was dead.

Note that it does not link to .com but .cn, which is correct. I have not received this, but that may be normal. I will ask, but I think it is legit.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The link in the paste above does but the ones at the footer of the email state dvdfab.com.bmetrack.com so I was leery.
      If you want I can forward it to you. Is there a spoof email address? Or PM me with where to forward it to.

Comment

I just did a copy/paste of the link & it opens to a FAB site, so it looks legit

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post
          I just did a copy/paste of the link & it opens to a FAB site, so it looks legit
          Here is the link at the footer of the email. Click at your own risk. I am unwilling...

http://dvdfab.com.bmetrack.com/c/l?u...10B1985&email=[and a bunch of other alphanumric markers]

Maybe bmetrack is the advertising company that DVDfab uses or maybe not. As poorly written as the email was I won't bother and just deleted it. I also don't think I entered a Meta Info Upload Competition either...

Figured I would point it out to them and maybe alert others if it was a scam.

<edit>Since you did I figured I'd try as well and I think you are right it does look legit. Thanks for responding</edit>
          Last edited by unome; 03-31-2016, 05:38 PM. Reason: tried link

Comment

I got mine today, it is legit.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X