This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else besides me use a threadripper? No file output

Is there a single other user in these forums that uses a threadripper to cpu encode? would really love to chase down this no file output bug

H265 @1080p 2pass, high quality, keep audio, remux subtitle = no file output

at those settings on my 1950x with ddr3200 memory, get around 40fps encode speed.

after a file finishes however no file is created in the output folder

If you are having a problem with a DVDFab module, say which one and post it in the correct forum, including the DVDFab internal log. You can't discuss 3rd party products here unless they are part of DVDFab. The General Chat forum is for discussing topics like sports or music that are not related to DVDFab.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok, bluray ripper, and posting the issue never goes anywhere. why i started a general chat about if anyone else in this entire forum is using a threadripper successfully

Comment

interesting find, turning off SMT (simultaneous multi threading - basically hyper threading for threadrippers) so only using 16 cores. not also 32 threads. almost full 100% usage on the cpu

with SMT on and using all cores/threads... 16/32. cpu usage hovers around 60% max

can any developers get their hands on a nice threadripper system and thoroughly test their own software? seeing as threadripper systems would be a great use of video encoding with the mass amounts of cores and cache

Comment

well well well. only thing changed is turning off SMT. you might want to let some threadripper/high core count intel customers know. there seems to be an issue with having high thread count cpus

Comment

Happy to hear that you have resolved the problem. If you want DVDFab to fully support these CPUs, make a post in the Feature Request forum.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X