This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX 970 Video Decoder H.265

Does the GTX 970 not support a "CUDA" option for H.265 (Video Decoder)? I had an GTX 970 card not being used and put it in my work PC. So that occasionally I can rip some DVDs or Blu Rays at work. My initial test is just converting some MKVs to H.265 and that failed. Sucess if I do H.264. Will I get the same result when I do a DVD or blu ray? If so, what is the "cheapest" video card to replace it? It's work so I don't need anything close to top of the line. Thanks
    Last edited by sergnh; 01-29-2020, 03:24 PM.

see this here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/nvidia-cuda.htm
    your card is listed. make sure that it has the latest driver update
    and that you have CUDA enabled in the A/V Codec settings.

Comment

Try this instead: open DVDFab and select AV Codec in Common Settings. On the right-hand side of the page, click this button:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 hardwareinfo.png Views:	1 Size:	1.0 KB ID:	377751

It will provide a page like the following, that considers all variables ( Fab version, drivers, etc.) that impact the capabilities of your card. In the future, don't post questions about DVDFab in this forum, use General Questions or one of the others instead.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 CUDA CODEC.png Views:	1 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	377752

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X