This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting for projector 108" screen

Okay maybe I am trying to go too far with this but ..... I have converted several DVDs to mobile Xvid format using the recommended methods and they work great, quality and all. I have a HP Ex-490 that I am using to stream the converted vids to various rooms. Most of my TVs are LCDs 32" - 42", and the media devices are WD live, PS3s and a couple of Xboxs.

I have a theater room that has older Sony LCD projector with component in only that displays to a screen that is 108" diagonal, throw distance is around 10' - 12'. We are currently still loading DVDs and watching them. I would like to stream video from the server to the projector as with the other rooms. Anyway is 108" to much for mobile files? Should I convert these to a different format? Any help or direction would be great. Thanks.

Not sure, but I think you would be disappointed with the results of any current DVD to Mobile profile at 108". There may be new ones when the re-write of the mobile engine is released. Blu-ray to BD-9 files or Blu-ray to Mobile output might be better if your network and player would support them. What is the native resolution of the projector?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't know about the Sony but I borrowed a DLP projector one time and used it on an XVID file 720x480 and it worked fine. I did not have a good screen and the lumens on the projector were not as much as today's projectors so the intensity was not great. Just don't sit too close.

Comment

Sorry been a crazy couple of days. 480 is the resolution in 16 x 9 native. I'm wondering I have the entire dvd backed up on the server as well.... is there a media player that would play the vob directly...... maybe?

Comment

Try it with your WDTV and also try that with the Samsung profile that I have uploaded in the "New Profiles" section.

Others on this forum have used that profile for their WDTV's and love it.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

If your XBox's are XBox360s then you could also try the XBox360 DVDFab profile I uploaded to the "New Profiles" section. It works great on my 106" screen thrown by an HD projector at 720p. Most movies I've converted using that profile are indistinguishable from the uncompressed DVD to everyone but the most nitpicky of videophiles that I've shown them to. And even the nitpickers admitted they'd be very happy with the quality for everyday viewing. :-)
            ------------------------------------
            Just another moron with a keyboard.
            ------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X