Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backup Clone Copy of Chrysler Navigation DVD did not work.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup Clone Copy of Chrysler Navigation DVD did not work.

I was able to make a DVD Clone of my Chrysler Navigation DVD - no codes - everything was easy. However when I tried to load it into the Navigation radio it would not read it. I used a double lay DVD. Should Clone to Clone make an exact duplicate or do I need to first make it a bootable DVD?

Fab is designed and used for Video Disk backups only, not what you are trying to do.

You will have to use some other software to do this.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoontwd View Post
      I was able to make a DVD Clone of my Chrysler Navigation DVD - no codes - everything was easy. However when I tried to load it into the Navigation radio it would not read it. I used a double lay DVD. Should Clone to Clone make an exact duplicate or do I need to first make it a bootable DVD?
      Did you booktype to DVD-Rom? Also I think these navigation DVDs and the player that plays them has some sort of sensing mechanism that knows if it not the original. You might just have to pay the $100+ for a spare DVD is the booktyping does not work. Any Give the Clone option a try with DL DVD and booktype to DVD-Rom and hopefully that will work for you but like GregiBoy said DVDFab is for DVDs and Blu-rays but it can work on a few others like PS2 games and such

Comment

Agree with my colleagues and I believe AGJ is on the right track.
        These nav discs are a bit problematic...personally, I've never tried to copy one.

I know for sure that some years back folks enjoyed some success with dvd decrypter in .ISO mode.
        You absolutely have to use a +R DL and bitset to DVD-ROM.
        You can still find dvdd on the net, but since Macrovision cut the legs out from under the author, it's tougher to find, just be careful.

When you said no codes, do mean no copy protection?
        (I think these nav discs...typically do not)
        I suspect this might work with Img (same author as dvdd) as long as it's not protected.
        Use Img build mode and write to .ISO
        Remember to bitset.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

//Edit
        Also moving this thread to General Chat since it does not involve Fab in any way.
        Last edited by maineman; 07-16-2010, 02:01 PM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

If the NAV disc is parallel track path (PTP) it will not work. Software designed for DVD-Video discs writes only opposite track path (OTP). Be sure you unchecked the box that says "Copy DVD-Video data only" and put a check in the box that says "Copy original IFO files" (if it has any IFO files). You might also try unchecking some or all of the protection removal options in DVDFab Common Settings. ImgBurn might be able to read the disc or at least tell you whether it is OTP or PTP.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X