cCleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cCleaner

When using cCleaner should you leave all items checked in cleaner or are there items which should be un checked? I have checked on piriform website and found no direct answer. It was sugested to me that others may be interested in this as well, (tks SJ). Any insight would be appreciated.
    Chris

Third Party section is for the programs that are sticky in that section. General Chat is for everything else so another thread moved

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Third Party section is for the programs that are sticky in that section. General Chat is for everything else so another thread moved
      Sorry, thought my question was better suited in third party area, was not aware that section was only for stickys. Thanks for moving to appropriate area AGJ.

Cheers!
      Chris

Comment

Be very careful with this. I never let it run with everything checked that it finds. At least glance over the list first.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I pick and choose what i want but like signals says, be careful with it.
          "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Yup, ditto here.
            Good advice from signals and Bob
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              Be very careful with this. I never let it run with everything checked that it finds. At least glance over the list first.
              So would mirroring disk cleanup and adding to delete temporary system files should sufice? Are there any other items which you would suggest? Thanks for the help guys, it's appreciated.

Cheers!
              Chris

Comment

I don't recall the defaults but they were fine and then i just added what i wanted. I doubt any of us have the same settings.

and when using the Registry Cleaner i always make a back up when asked. I've never had to use a back up but just covering my @$$
                Last edited by Bob; 08-27-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Honestly, I never trust anything when it comes to this stuff.
                  I always keep a recently backed up clone of my system hdd.
                  This has saved me from myself more times than I care to admit...lol
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                    Honestly, I never trust anything when it comes to this stuff.
                    I always keep a recently backed up clone of my system hdd.
                    This has saved me from myself more times than I care to admit...lol
                    Same here and i use O&O DiskImage but others probably work fine too. It has always worked for me and is well worth the money i spent on it......and ya has saved my butt a few times too I make a new image every week.

Might be some good free ones out there too? i have no idea.

Comment

Ccleaner is a great program (very customizable) but really for people who know what they are doing. Can create some headaches if one gets too crazy what one deletes.

Good advise would be, know what the choices do before proceeding. If there is doubt, don't do it.

I use the program and like it a lot. Tried Jvpowertools 2010 too. Some like it a lot but I didn't really care for it (plus it had bugs). These two program are probably the most popular for reg cleaners.
                      Last edited by Mike89; 09-05-2010, 07:55 PM.
                      I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                      X