Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System config. vs Blu-Ray copy

Hey Guys,

planning to change my PC... what do you think of those specs for blu-ray copy + some gaming :

CPU : i5 660 3.33Ghz (1156 / S775)
    MOTHERBOARD : Asus P7P55D Deluxe
    Power : 700W
    Ram : 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
    Video : Gigabyte Asus GTX460 1GB
    Monitor : LG E2250 (1080P)
    HD : Seagate 1TB 7200 32M

thanks !

Add to your build list:
    Large fans

Add to your wish list:
    i7 CPU

Sounds like a nice system.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

more cpu threads the better

Comment

Yup, nice rig.
        To add to the solid advice and wish lists....you can almost always forget the stock cpu cooler, so get yourself good aftermarket cooler.

From what I've read...which is not much... ...the new i5's are solid, midrange performers.
        Some advantages and disadvantages as compared to i7.
        Price is a big advantage for sure, but so are cores as already pointed out...
        and while the i5 looks like a great performer so far, additionally, you're confined to a socket 1156 as opposed to the benefits of a socket 1366 (notably, RAM and PCIe slots).

I like what I've read on the i5, but if it were me,
        I'd still look at the core i7 cpu.

In the past, I've used lots of seagate hdds and always had good luck, but their quality has slipped...I think you can do better.
        I've had great luck with Samsung...solid, fast, 1 TB hdd. This past Aug, had 2 shipped to my house from newegg for a total of $59/each...

What make/model psu?
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X