Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FalconMedia - Like Verbatim at HALF the price !!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FalconMedia - Like Verbatim at HALF the price !!!!

Here is a link on CDFreaks where one of the Senior members did a lot of burns/scans with the Falcon DL media. CLICK HERE (FYI: The link takes you to page 5 of the thread)

NOTE:
    Looks like CDFreaks is going through some kind of transition with myce.com, you might have to Log-In as a member. When I first went to the link the jpegs/images on the posts did NOT display, but did after I logged in, ODD !!

Now here's the other GOOD news, the PRICE !!!!

FTI FalconMedia Shiny Silver 8X DVD+R Dual Layer Media 20 Pack in Cake Box
    $13.99 (.70 cents ea.)

FTI FalconMedia Pro White Inkjet Hub Printable 8X DVD+R Dual Layer Media 50 Pack in Cake Box
    $39.99 (.80 cents ea.)

Now if that wasn't good enough, there is a "Limited Time Special Offer!" for Halloween"
    Free 1 Pack Memorex Blu-ray 4X 25GB BD-R Media for All CD DVD Media Order over $25

$8 Off Instant Saving. While Supplies Last.

Expires: 11/01/2009
    I have only purchased one of the 50 cakeboxes so far, burned about 25 discs so far. I've burned most of them at 8x, and not one coaster. Even burning my 360 backups at 8x and the games play flawlessly !!

At last we have a contender to the Dual Layer market. I think Falcon is going to have Verbatim shaking like a Chihuahua. Or, like Blockbuster scrambling to setup kiosks to compete with RedBox.

Cheers ... Enjoy !!
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

I'll stick with verbs

Thanks for the alert on these AX. These are MID RICOHJPN-D01s, which some drive manufacturers recommend. The scans however don't look that good compared to the Verbatim MKM-003s, which can often be had for $32 shipped for a 30-pack (US$1.07 ea.) at Meritline. See the attached scan of an MKM-003 burned at 6X. All the error rates are about half the D01s. For the small price difference, I think I'll stay with the Verbs, but will order a platter of these to try on my drives anyway.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yeah $32 shipped for a 30-pack (US$1.07 ea.) is cheap .... next time you see that let me know. I think the cheapest I ever got was 40 (2-20pk) for $54 US (1.35 ea).

Give these a try see what you think, only $14 !!

I don't color ink jet print on my DVD's but for those that do, the White ones have a nice finish.

My main media stores for Verbs are:
      - Supermediastore
      - Meritline
      - Shop4Tech
      - Newegg
      Last edited by AlienX69; 10-29-2009, 04:23 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Working...
      X