Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dvdfab8032(1) shows up as malware with Prevx.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab8032(1) shows up as malware with Prevx.

I just instaleed the latest upgrade to DVD Fab and my anti virus (prevx) is claiming the dvdfab8032(1) is a High Risk cloaked malware. Now I have gotten false positives before and I need to know if you have any information you can share.
    thanks
    ritchieritch

What does the "(1)" after the name mean? I think it must be a false positive, no one else has mentioned it and I always scan the downloads with kaspersky, it had no problems with 8032 or 8035.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Prevx malware alert

Prevex 3.0 is indicated that dvdfab8032.exe is a high risk cloaking software and wants to remove it.

What gives?

Comment

This is a false positive I think, another prevex user also reported the same thing. I have not seen any reports of problems from other security software. I have kaspersky and it says no problem.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Avira does not show a problem.

Comment

Bitdefender does not show as problem.

Comment

EVEN McAfee had no problem with those two.

Do you mean the actual installed software OR the downloader?

I often have trouble with the downloader with McAfee, but never once the software is installed?

Comment

Its a false positive, its been reported.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                X