Dvd to usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvd to usb

I am trying to use DVDFAB to rip a DVD to my external hard drive so I can plug the usb into my bluray player and watch movies. So I don't have to find the disc everytime I want to watch a movie. Instead I would be able to just browse my hard drive for the movie. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my bluray player to load the movies off of my external hard drive? Also my bluray player is called LG BD550. Thanks!

There should be instructions on how to do what you want in the paperwork that came with your player.

Connect the External drive to the player with a USB cable.
    Connect the Player to the TV with HDMI cable .

Comment

Here is a link to the owners manual for your unit: =#

From what I read, it will not play video from the USB host connection, only photos and music. It will play video from a network connection.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is what it says in the ad I looked at in regard to video.

The good: Excellent Blu-ray image quality; Netflix, Vudu, YouTube, Pandora, and CinemaNow streaming; plays music, videos, and pictures off a connected USB drive; relatively quick load times compared with other entry-level Blu-ray players.

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-play...#ixzz16hALC1HS

Comment

The specs sheet that Signals is pointing to says only "Music & Photos".

Isn't this really something that should be discussed on a LG forum, not here?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ok thanks everyone! I was hoping there was another way that would trick it into playing movies. According to the manual there is no possible way but thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
            X