Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Memory stick

hi all

Just a quick question for all of you, I've just tried to copy a film to a memory stick 8gb it seemed to copy fine, but when I put it in my DVD player it doesn't play just wondering if anyone could help with this.
    :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Your player doesn't seem to like either the used codec, file format, file name.
    And are you sure your DVD player plays video files from USB?
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

hi yes I'm pretty sure it does play videos through the USB port. When I look at the settings on my DVD player it says music photos or video. Then I get a screen up saying main movie which is fine but when I press play nothing happens.
      :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Comment

The DVD players I have with USB ports will NOT play DVD-Video (VIDEO_TS, IFO+VOB) that is stored on the USB drive.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've never tried, but if you've tried VLC and /or Media Player Classic I'd say you out of luck.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            The DVD players I have with USB ports will NOT play DVD-Video (VIDEO_TS, IFO+VOB) that is stored on the USB drive.
            Hey pard, didn't spot you in time

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Think you for your advice, I think I've found the problem. The DVD player says it plays MPEG movies, but when I looked more closely at the instructions it says it will not recognize a memory stick more than 4gb. And I've been trying to do this on a 8 gb memory stick so I think that's my problem. Once again thank you for your advice and time. ps I wish this snow would go away I'm supposed to be in Spain today with family

Comment

Originally posted by tdk View Post
                ps I wish this snow would go away I'm supposed to be in Spain today with family
                No kidding, strange weather.
                I'm in Maine and no snow and it's Dec. !!!
                One of my colleagues, who is from greater London, can't believe it.

Hope it lets up and you get to spend time with your loved ones...SOON !

Comment

hi let's hope so, I've been told to go to gatwick airport tomorrow , to be there by 11 a.m. but there is no guarantee of a flight, so fingers crossed.

Comment

It could be the format of the USB drive/stick itself ie FAT32, NTFS etc... have to look in your manual.
                    "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

hi

I looked in the manual, and it just says MPEG movie. I checked my USB stick and it says fat 32 Hope this helps.

Comment

A USB memory stick can be easily formatted from Fat32 to NTFS .

FAQ - How do I format a USB Flash Drive to NTFS file system? To enable NTFS on your USB Flash Drive drive

Comment

I think you may find the problem is that the player software that reads the USB stick can't read IFO files. You can try converting to VOB/MPG using VOB Passthrough in DVD Ripper. The FAT32 problem will continue to be a problem however (originals >4GB=SOL).
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I think Bob nailed it. I have a PS3 that will play VOB passthrough from the USB drive but won’t play the VIDEO_TS folder. It will only see a FAT32 formatted drive which has the 4GB-1 byte file size limit. You can make a VOB passthrough and change the file extension from .VOB to .MPG if needed, but probably can’t exceed the 4GB limit unless your player recognizes an NTFS formatted thumb drive.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              I think Bob nailed it. I have a PS3 that will play VOB passthrough from the USB drive but won’t play the VIDEO_TS folder. It will only see a FAT32 formatted drive which has the 4GB-1 byte file size limit. You can make a VOB passthrough and change the file extension from .VOB to .MPG if needed, but probably can’t exceed the 4GB limit unless your player recognizes an NTFS formatted thumb drive.
                              ya and thanks for typing all that out for me. I was busy at the time and thought most of that info would be in the manual
                              "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Working...
                              X