Silly Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly Question

Been a long time user and have a question......

I only have DVD Copy as Never Expire plus HD Decrypter which says Never Expire. All the rest say Never Be Used, Trial User.

I am pretty sure I know the answer but if I wanted to use the Blu-Ray to DVD, I would have to buy it and get a new key cause my key will not work with anything other then what I have and second question is can I actually use the Blu-Ray to DVD on a trial basis before paying?? I am not sure, since I am already signed up for other things, that it will allow me to do a free trial on the other things I do not have.....if that makes sense? I would like to try using the blu-ray to dvd and see how that goes......

Thank you

Follow up question

Ok, so if I want to get a blu-ray disc and back it up....Do I back it up using the blu-ray to dvd format or do I first back it up using blu-ray copy first then use the blu-ray to dvd part and once it is backed up in blu-ray to dvd form it will play in a regular dvd player or do I still need a blu ray player to play the disc??

Thanks again.....

Comment

You can use it on a trial basis. If you decide to buy it you will be sent a new key that will have licenses for what you have now plus whatever you add. Be sure to get the 8059 beta to try BD to DVD.

If you want to make a Blu-ray playable on a DVD player, you use Blu-ray to DVD option.

//EDIT//
      If you are thinking of buying the Ripper options for DVD and Blu-ray and the Copy Option for Blu-ray and the Video Converter option, you can get Blu-ray to DVD for free before December 31, 2010. If you just want to buy it alone, there is a 25% discount, so remember to put in the coupon code.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

For my own sanity

I read the info on the blu-ray on here and appreciate the info you gave me but for my own sanity, I have a follow up....

Ok I am going to do the trial for blu-ray. I may go and buy a cheap end blu-ray for a test run. So to back it up, I would need to first use the blu-ray copy or do I use the blu-ray to dvd option? I will be backing it up and using regular dvd and use it in a regular dvd player....that is part of my confusion. I think i would simply use the blu-ray to dvd to copy it and also burn it to a disc but wanted to ask first.....secondly, does blu-ray make a difference in the size of the file (will it fit on 1 disc like standard dvd copy will?)

I am the type of person who over-analyzes things and I want to do a dry run before going crazy on blu-ray. I do not want to buy a blu-ray player at this point but if I can burn to a regular dvd player I may be very much interested in buying the package you suggested.....

Guess I just need assurances that I am on hte right track...burn using blu-ray to dvd and then back it up using that option as well then play it in a regular dvd...

Thanks again....

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
          Ok I am going to do the trial for blu-ray. I may go and buy a cheap end blu-ray for a test run. So to back it up, I would need to first use the blu-ray copy or do I use the blu-ray to dvd option? I will be backing it up and using regular dvd and use it in a regular dvd player....that is part of my confusion. I think i would simply use the blu-ray to dvd to copy it and also burn it to a disc but wanted to ask first.....secondly, does blu-ray make a difference in the size of the file (will it fit on 1 disc like standard dvd copy will?)

I am the type of person who over-analyzes things and I want to do a dry run before going crazy on blu-ray. I do not want to buy a blu-ray player at this point but if I can burn to a regular dvd player I may be very much interested in buying the package you suggested.....

Hi kshduckman1170,

1) Please understand that if you would like to convert any Blu-ray to DVD-Video disc for playback on DVD player or DVD player software, you just need to use DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD Converter. And you have no need to use DVDFab Blu-ray Copy firstly.

2) When using DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD Converter, you can choose two kinds of writable Media Size at the bottom of DVDFab main screen.

Choose DVD5, DVDFab will compress the Blu-ray material to make it fit one DVD-5 disc;
          Choose DVD9, DVDFab will compress the Blu-ray material to make it fit one double/dual layer blank DVD disc(DVD-9 disc).

Best regards,
          Anny
          DVDFab Support Team

Comment

Yes. You do not need Blu-ray Copy to do what you want, just Blu-ray to DVD. Before you start the trial make sure your system burns DVD DLs without any problems. Use Verbatim blank media for the test even if you don't already.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok...

Thank you all for the help. Makes sense but just needed to ask.

I only use Verbatim. They are the best. So I need to use DVD-DL or can I still use just DVD-R?

Thanks again

Comment

Thank you all for the help. Makes sense but just needed to ask.

I only use Verbatim. They are the best. So I need to use DVD-DL or can I still use just DVD-R?

Thanks again
                Hi kshduckman1170,

It all depends on you.

If you would like to convert your Blu-ray disc to a DVD-R disc, please set the writable media size as "DVD-5" at the bottom of DVDFab main screen.

If you want to convert Blu-ray movie to a dual-layer disc, please choose "DVD-9".

Please note that choosing DVD 5 to compress, you will lose more quality than choosing DVD 9. But the quality loss is not well noticeable.

Best regards,
                Anny
                DVDFab Support Team

Comment

I read the info on the blu-ray on here and appreciate the info you gave me but for my own sanity, I have a follow up....

Guess I just need assurances that I am on hte right track...burn using blu-ray to dvd and then back it up using that option as well then play it in a regular dvd...

Thanks again....

Hi kshduckman1170

This is getting a little confusing
                  Note: If you want to use the blu-ray function you first have to have a blu-ray drive in your computer, either a blu-ray reader or a blu-ray reader/writer.
                  A reader will only play and or read blu-rays, a writer will play ,read and write blu-rays.
                  With that said if you have a blu-ray drive and are going to burn to a regular DVD disc and play in a DVD player you will need to try the blu-ray to dvd option not again "NOT" the blu-ray copy option.

Hope this helps
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X