AVI issue in DVDFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVI issue in DVDFab

I've recently been having issues, and traced it all back to DVDFab. In any other converter I use, my AVIs, MP4s, etc all operate normally, and generate thumbnails/dimensions. However, in DVDFab, only the AVIs have issues. While they play well, a thumbnail does not generate in Explorer, nor do the dimensions/codec/etc show up in properties. It's only on the AVI files, and only in DVDFab. I am running it administrator, tried a complete uninstall/reinstall, and made sure there were no conflicts.

What DVDFab version number? File Converter or DVD Ripper? Will MediaInfo read them?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      What DVDFab version number? File Converter or DVD Ripper? Will MediaInfo read them?
      Started around 8.0.5.0, and up to 8.0.6.0. File converter and DVD Ripper. All the Media info tools read them right, as do all my players, but will not show details nor thumbnails in Explorer.

Comment

Sounds like you're experiencing the same problem as me.

I started a thread about this issue here:

Comment

FIXED!

Found the issue, and surprisingly, it -is- a Windows problem, not DVDFab. Look on your computer for shmedia.dll. This file is the thumbnail/details generator (yes in Win 7 too). If missing, that could be your problem.

Download the DLL Here.

Comment

Yep that works, nice one Shilar!
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X