Any recommendations on medial to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Media Any recommendations on medial to use

Is there any type of media disc that I should avoid using?

depends on what you need them for DVD or Blu-ray?

Comment

Blank media

I am using dvd to dvd

Comment

Verbatim with AZO logo on wrapper or Taiyo Yuden which are considered the best but rather expensive and only available online at online stores such as blankmedia.ca and others. Check this thread out for other deals and more suggestions for blank media http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4175

newegg.com deals
        Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Packs Spindle Disc Model 95098 $16.99 with free shipping

Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc Model 95102 $19.99 with free shipping
        Last edited by AGJ; 12-19-2010, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Blank Media

Thanks for the reply. I am on a limited budget and not working full time so i have to watch what I spend. Currently TDK and Memorex is on sale in the area I live. Would you recommend either one of these or not. Thanks Carl

Comment

Originally posted by W. Carl View Post
            Thanks for the reply. I am on a limited budget and not working full time so i have to watch what I spend. Currently TDK and Memorex is on sale in the area I live. Would you recommend either one of these or not. Thanks Carl
            Nope those are not reliable but check out newegg for those verbatim as they pretty cheap with free shipping. newegg always has sales like that for verbatim and the DVD+R on sale $16.99 for a 100 spindle pack with free shipping is a deal of a lifetime

Comment

Originally posted by W. Carl View Post
              The only media we suggest to burn DVDs with is either Taiyo Yuden which can be bought online and the Verbatim with the AZO dye on the label that AGJ gave you the link too, those can be bought online and also at some local retailers.

The problems with the cheaper disc's is that sure, you may get them to burn your movies but 6-12 months down the road they may not work any more and you will be burning them again
              CBR929

Sorry AGJ did not see you
              Originally posted by AGJ View Post
              Nope those are not reliable but check out newegg for those verbatim as they pretty cheap with free shipping. newegg always has sales like that for verbatim and the DVD+R on sale $16.99 for a 100 spindle pack with free shipping is a deal of a lifetime
              This is a deal of a lifetime, if I did not have over 200 blanks sitting here I would buy more
              Last edited by CBR929; 12-20-2010, 02:41 AM.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Using Verbatim

Thanks for help in refering what DVD's to use. last week I bought a pack of Verbatim DVD-R 100 pack 47.; 16x; 120 min on a spindle and the label says Life Series at Office Max and then today I bought same type, but label does not say life series and they were not on a spindle just wrapped bought at Fry's Electronics. Did I purchase the right ones, because the coloring of the labels are not the same as those sold at Newegg.com Thanks

Comment

Hi W. Carl
                  You may have some success with those but the ones you want say AZO dye on the package, sorry something is stopping me from inserting an image, I'll keep trying
                  CBR929
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by CBR929; 12-27-2010, 09:37 PM.
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yeah, the life series verbs are made by CMC Magnetics, which is basically Memorex, so I would do as CBR suggests and get the AZO dye verbs. They will usually tell you on the outside of the package where the discs were made also. I believe the Made In Singapore are the best you can get, followed by Taiwan, then UAE, then India are the worst but those are still better than the CMC life series for sure.
                    SPECS
                    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Verbatiums DVD's

Thanks for the info on purchasing Verbatium DVD's with AZO. Have started using the disc's. I would like to transfer previous discs that i have made to the Verbatiums, but the copy process fails. Could this be because I copied all those movies on cheap discs. Once again thanks for all your help! Carl

Comment

If the discs play without glitches, you should be able to read and copy them. You should post any error codes and the internal and burn logs from DVDFab.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X