Subfolder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subfolder

Can I select a folder and have DVDFab place the VIDEO_TS folder directly in it? I don't want DVDFab to create a folder to place the VIDEO_TS folder in. It usually makes a folder with the movie name.

Greg Hodges

subfolder

Hi fivestardj,

If you use Full Disc mode to copy and use the default output directory
    you will get video_ts folder like
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\DVDFab\Full Disc\Movie folder (with the movie name on it)\Video_ts and Audio_ts

If you use Full Disc mode to copy and cancel the option "creat files in subfolder of output directory"
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\DVDFab\Movie folder (with the movie name on it)\Video_ts and Audio_ts

If you use Full Disc mode to copy, change the output directory to D:\DVDFab, cancel the option "creat files in subfolder of output directory"
    D:\DVDFab\Movie folder (with the movie name on it)\Video_ts and Audio_ts

Anyway, no matter which way you chose, you would get the video_ts folder under the movie folder.

That's how DVDFab ouputs files and saves files.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny
    Last edited by sunny; 12-20-2010, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Subfolder

So there is no way of getting around the movie folder?

Currently I have Yamm set up to create a folder with the correct name when the DVD is inserted. It also tracks down Meta Data , poster images, cover art etc.

It would be nice to be able to select that folder and have Video_TS go right inside. Currently, DVDFab creates a folder withing the folder I select and puts Video_TS in it. I now copy the contents of that folder into the folder Yamm creates and delete the original. It's kind of sloppy and slow but works.

I'd love a slicker solution.

Greg

Comment

The "movie folder" is there as part of the DVD-Video. Have you tried copying the files that the other program makes into the DVD volume that DVDFab creates (in with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders)?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I could do it that way. I guess I'm trying to save steps and make the process more efficient. It would be nice if DVDFab used a naming convention similar to the one most metadata services use. Most of the of the services seem to go with movie name (year) while DVDFab uses info taken directly from the disc. This ends up being a bit less "friendly" looking.

I would imagine that a lot of people that use this software are ripping their DVD's into a HTPC. I think adding some flexibility would be a benefit to others like me.

Greg Hodges

Comment

I don't disagree, just trying to offer a workaround. I would suspect something like this might be on the drawing board for the next major revision of DVDFab. I would suggest you formulate clearly what you would like this feature to be able to do and post it in the Feature Request forum.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I will.

Greg

Comment

Working...
              X