• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing default volume and title strings

When DVDripping to generic MP4, DVDFab adds strings that appear senseless:

Volume: SHREK.volume1.dvdrip
    Title: SHREK.title1.dvdrip

Appears there is a default setting I can't find. The major effort comes when starting a batch of conversions, each movie in the queue needs to be hand fixed to remove the superfluous text (.title1.dvdrip and volume1.dvdrip).

I am ripping from FullDisc folders created using DVDcopy. Any ideas?

You can change that in common settings see below:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, but that only changes one of the two lines that show up in the conversion: "volume" is fixed, but it doesn't affect the "title".

Comment

Your terminology is a little confused. The Filename can be changed to follow a pattern so that you don't need to reset it for each one, the Title, which becomes part of the file's metadata, cannot as far as I know. If your player reads the Title, see if you can set it to just display the filename.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Its in the conversion settings dialog. I believe its the Title that is displayed when you are playing a movie in WMP (see attachment image) - and if it isn't manually changed, the movie shows "XYZZY.title(1).dvdrip" in it.

And I believe its similar to the filename issue which I've also had to manually fix after copying DVD's. Where is the filename "default" set?
          Attached Files

Comment

It is in DVDFab Common Settings->DVD/Blu-ray Ripper->Output. Select the DVD Source button and then add or remove keywords to get the type of filename you want. It will help if you copy the DVD to your hard drive first and change the volume name during the process to something that looks like a good filename for the movie (this will also speed up the conversion, significantly in some cases).

It is not documented, but anything you put in the pattern line will appear in the filename. So if you are doing some TV season discs for example, you can make the pattern look like this:

LOSTS1D1_<Title>.<VideoCodec>

The filename will be

LOSTS1D1_Title(x).h264 where x is the title number of the episode on the DVD. You can leave out the video codec, I put it in by habit.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I thought it would be nice to know I am trying to use the search feature.

I understand signals last response, mostly. I have started copying the Blu-ray movies to HDD first - and naming the folders something meaningful to start with. I even found where I can do this with Blu-ray Copy feature of DVDFab so I don't have to manually edit the files later.

I have even modified all three output sections in preferences to:
              <Volume>.<VideoCodec> (DVD source)
              <Volume>.<VideoCodec> (Blu-ray source)
              <Volume>.<VideoCodec> (File source)

This does great for naming the file as I want on the Windows filesystem.

However, when I play the file on my PC, VLC displays the title briefly as, "<Volume>.Title0.BlurayRip".

I can turn off the feature to display the filename in VLC...but where is it picking up the "Title0.BlurayRip" from? Is there anything I can do in DVDFab so it will not include that and the title will only be "<Volume>" or "<Volume>.<VideoCodec>" instead? Or is this a shortcoming/shortfall of the VLC media player? That might be it...I just tried with WMP and it displayed "<Volume>.<VideoCodec>.

Thanks, and I hope you can help. For what it's worth, I'm now using DVDFab 8.2.2.5.

Comment

I think it is picking it up from the metadata that is put in during the encoding process, which is the Title of the content as opposed to the filename, which you have set correctly. You can change it manually on the Edit page in v8. I don't know of a way to change the template for that entry, it may be hard coded.

Comment

Ahh, yes, I believe you are correct.

If I open the Blu-Ray ripper (I've been using mkv.remux), it shows the title as <Volume>.Title0.BlurayRip.

I can't manually edit it, though, as this section is grayed out when using the mkv.remux.

Comment

Working...
                  X