v8.0.6.6 Crashes On StartUp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.0.6.6 Crashes On StartUp

I installed the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.6.6 and it didn't even come up. The Microsoft error report came up and stated DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying B has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and keep getting the same error message. Please help.

Moved your thread to the correct forum. Did you have any discs in the your optical drive(s) when you started DVDFab? DVD or BD? What is your OS? Try disconnecting from the internet and exit or completely disable your antivirus/security software.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Did not have any CD's and/or DVD's in any of the drives when I tried to launch. I have been doing this same routine (as far as upgrading) for about 5 years and this is the first that this has happened. I am running Windows XP Pro, SP2 and have never had any problems until now. Please help. Thanks.

Comment

Ensure no drive has A: or B:.
        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          Ensure no drive has A: or B:.

Just to toss in my .02 cents... for the first time in I'm not sure how long, I have exactly the same problem.... 8.0.6.6 won't run.

I've reverted back to v8.0.6.5 until either I can figure out the problem, or I see Fengtao issue a revision to this release.

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
            Just to toss in my .02 cents... for the first time in I'm not sure how long, I have exactly the same problem.... 8.0.6.6 won't run.

I've reverted back to v8.0.6.5 until either I can figure out the problem, or I see Fengtao issue a revision to this release.

DC

Musta been a flukey D/L of the set-up file... just tried again, and it works fine.

DC

Comment

@Blazkowicz and DarthCopier, I tried downloading it again, reinstalled it, verified no A: and/or B: drive and still same error message. Please help. Thanks. 3GB of RAM, AMD 3000+ Processor, Windows XP Professional, SP2.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCoLTD View Post
                @Blazkowicz and DarthCopier, I tried downloading it again, reinstalled it, verified no A: and/or B: drive and still same error message. Please help. Thanks. 3GB of RAM, AMD 3000+ Processor, Windows XP Professional, SP2.

I have the same O/S as you, except that I'm running SP3.

For some suggestions that may or may not help, try disabling your Antivirus program and see if that makes a difference.

Also, D/L a freebie on the web called Imgburn, and install it (far better than the default engine supplied with Fab (VSO)).

Run Imgburn, and on the 'Tools' Tab, click it and select 'Filter Drive Load Order', and copy & paste or grab a screen shot of its contents and include it with your next post.

DC

Comment

@DarthCopier, just to give you an idea that I know that it's the newest version (Version 8.0.6.6), it caused my Microsoft Outlook Express to stop being able to download my e-mail from the servers. I went back to version 8.0.6.5 and the problem was resolved. Whatever was changed in the newest version not only affects DVDFab. But, Microsoft Outlook as well. Plus, I've noticed that in the recent versions, the option to choose whether or not to install the latest version of the burning engine (VSO) has been removed since there was a note stating that it has since Windows XP Pro SP3 has its own. But, I do not wish to upgrade to SP3. I feel more comfortable with SP2. Please help. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCoLTD View Post
                    @DarthCopier, just to give you an idea that I know that it's the newest version (Version 8.0.6.6), it caused my Microsoft Outlook Express to stop being able to download my e-mail from the servers. I went back to version 8.0.6.5 and the problem was resolved. Whatever was changed in the newest version not only affects DVDFab. But, Microsoft Outlook as well. Plus, I've noticed that in the recent versions, the option to choose whether or not to install the latest version of the burning engine (VSO) has been removed since there was a note stating that it has since Windows XP Pro SP3 has its own. But, I do not wish to upgrade to SP3. I feel more comfortable with SP2. Please help. Thank you.

We seem to have a small problem here...

1.) Twice (by signals and myself), you have been asked to try something and report the results. Your responses so far indicate you haven't yet tried.

2.) You seem to be satisfied running an incomplete O/S... Why? I don't know.

3.) I have asked you to D/L a specific program and supply certain info that this program will provide... again, not yet done.

The VSO burn engine is no longer an option because it has been rewritten to not require the Patin-Couffin driver that used to be installed with it, which has nothing to do with the O/S or SP you are running.

You keep asking for help, yet try nothing suggested and don't supply requested info (as your description of the problem sheds no light on the possible cause)...

When you are ready to take some advice, try some possible solutions, and provide us with some useful info, let us know. There'll be someone here who can help.

'Til then....

DC

Comment

Working...
                    X