X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No luck so far

Ok,
    so I now have all the udpates (Windows 5.0 SP4). Same behavior. Any ideas?
    I have also downloaded DVDFab5.0 and installed it again and it works.
    Any ideas?

Comment

I assume you are trying by clicking on the desktop icon, have you tried going to C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6 and clicking on DVDFab.exe? If that don’t work I don’t have a clue?
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

90312 - yes, I've tried that as well. no luck.
        I'm outta suggestions as well. As a last result, I may try and obtain a windows XP licnense and try the dvdfab 6.0.

Comment

It troubles me that we can't figure this out because mine runs so well on W2K? Here is a shot of my system:
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

THis is mine

I feel like this is a bad episode of you show me yours and I'll show you mine..

( I hope this works - Mozilla handles attachments a little differently)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by MCDVD; 01-02-2010, 02:16 AM.

Comment

The forum will handle the attachment, just drop down below the box you type in and click manage attachments. You'll know how to do it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

90312 - hope you saw it. Looks similar to yours. Dude, who knows what the issue is and what it's only happening to me. I did a fresh install of Windows 2k (pro, does that matter?)

Comment

Originally posted by MCDVD View Post
                  90312 - hope you saw it. Looks similar to yours. Dude, who knows what the issue is and what it's only happening to me. I did a fresh install of Windows 2k (pro, does that matter?)
                  I don't think that would matter MCDVD, you did download a fresh installer from the DVDFab site just to be sure it didn't corrupt right?

Albert Einstein

Comment

yep...

yeah, I thought about that and downloaded a fresh copy - twice or three times I think. I do get an error message when trying to run an .exe within the dvdfab6 directory. Something called filemover?? I get an error message stating a .dll file is missing. Could that point to a larger issue?

Comment

Originally posted by MCDVD View Post
                      yeah, I thought about that and downloaded a fresh copy - twice or three times I think. I do get an error message when trying to run an .exe within the dvdfab6 directory. Something called filemover?? I get an error message stating a .dll file is missing. Could that point to a larger issue?

Sure it could be a serious problem. Which dll specifically is missing?

Albert Einstein

Comment

dll error

It says (it was easier to type it out than to try and use mspaint):
                        The error message is titled FileMove.exe - Unable to locate DLL

The error:
                        The dynamic link library gdiplus.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\program files\dvdfab6;,;C:\winnt\system32;C:\winnt\system; C:\winnt;c:\winnt\system32;c:\winnt;c:\winnt\syste m32\wbem

I did a search on the HD and did not find the file. I only found gdi32.dll and gdi32.exe but no gdiplus.dll.

Any thoughts?

Comment

I have it on my W2K machine about a dozen times. It always seems to be associated with Net framework when I look up the workings. Have you installed net framework? Here is a link to download the dll if you like: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?gdiplus

Albert Einstein

Comment

'preciate the link. Downloaded the dll. Extracted it to c:\winnt\system32, c:\winnt and c:\program files\dvdfab6.

So, the good news is file mover now works. Bad news is DVDFab6 is still exhibiting the same behavior.

Shoot, l'd piss on a spark-plug if I thought it'd do any good!

Do you have any other thoughts?

Comment

Yeah, a thought and 90312 put me on the track.

Download and install the latest .NET framework from Micro$oft.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Update - downloaded and installed .net 2.0. Even updated IE to 6.0 (major leap, huh?

No luck. Same results. Tomorrow I will see if I can find a windows XP install to convert my OS. That may solve the issue since we can't seem to figure this one out. Man, this has been an interesting one.

Comment

Working...
                                X