picture size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picture size?

Ok, I have been searching and can't find the answer to my question.

I have a widescreen tv (Samsung, 720p) and have a lot of movies that are originally produced in the old 4:3 format. My question is, should I be keeping the original movie setting at 4:3 or stretch it out to 16:9 when ripping it? It seems that I can't find the right setting. All my movies are being "cut off" on the right and left side of the screen and seem too "zoomed in".

I upped the bitrate and my picture quality is great.

Another little problem I'm noticing is that when I playback my movies on my Argosy Media Player, the sound won't play until I hit the fast forward button a couple of times, then it starts. At this point, I can rewind to the beginning of the movie where there was no sound originally, and it plays fine.

Well, seems I've solved my own problem and it's pretty stupid, really! I was messing around with the settings on my media player and changed the video setting from 4:3 to 16:9 - ta da!! Picture fits perfectly now and, actually, the quality of the video is much better now!!

I'm so happy!

Comment

Congratulations! Those settings can interact in strange ways. Questions about DVD Ripper should go in that forum for best visibility and quickest response.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X