VSO Burning Engine vs. Imgburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VSO Burning Engine vs. Imgburn

Do I lose anything by using the vso burning engine vs. Imgburn? Imgburn is too problematic for me

Thanks

What's your issue with ImgBurn?

Comment

If VSO is working ok for you, then that's cool.
      For many users, it's just the other way around...VSO is problematic.

Overall, Img is more configurable and more reliable.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

For some ODD reason. With Imgburn installed on my hard drive...I cannot write to DVD-R with Nero. Then...Nero disc speed won't run any tests. I can write to DVD+R for some reason. Then I uninstall Imgburn...and the DVD-R thing is still there as well as Disc speed failing to write tests. So I have to run a repair on Nero...then everything works again. I asked the author of Imgburn about this....he said that there should be no relation...BUT...I can make this problem happen over and over. To make matters worse...I installed Roxio 2011 Pro and it doesn't have the issues that Nero does. I have been working with all of these for a long time, but for some odd reason...after the latest Nero updates...this happens. Only other thing I did was update the firmware of my Pioneer BDR-205 to 1.11

The other odd part. I have an LG UH10LS20 as my D: drive and the Pioneer as E: None of the said problems exist with the LG...granted it is not a BD-R drive....but something is very wierd here. Right now...no Imgburn and repaired Nero...working again...

So strange!
        Thanks
        Last edited by bobmitch; 01-22-2011, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Well, very odd indeed. The problem is, nothing else burns DLs as well as ImgBurn. VSO is fine for SL. Sorry to say that if LUK! could not help you, probably nobody can.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by bobmitch View Post
            For some ODD reason. With Imgburn installed on my hard drive...I cannot write to DVD-R with Nero. Then...Nero disc speed won't run any tests. I can write to DVD+R for some reason. Then I uninstall Imgburn...and the DVD-R thing is still there as well as Disc speed failing to write tests. So I have to run a repair on Nero...then everything works again. I asked the author of Imgburn about this....he said that there should be no relation...BUT...I can make this problem happen over and over. To make matters worse...I installed Roxio 2011 Pro and it doesn't have the issues that Nero does. I have been working with all of these for a long time, but for some odd reason...after the latest Nero updates...this happens. Only other thing I did was update the firmware of my Pioneer BDR-205 to 1.11

The other odd part. I have an LG UH10LS20 as my D: drive and the Pioneer as E: None of the said problems exist with the LG...granted it is not a BD-R drive....but something is very wierd here. Right now...no Imgburn and repaired Nero...working again...

So strange!
            Thanks
            Hi bobmitch
            Have you tried asking on the Nero site for answers???
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Posted on Nero...the forum there isn't as good as here...no responses. Just tried a Blu Ray to Blu Ray using vso...OUCH! Talk about painfully slow. Normally takes my Pioneer 11:30 mins at 10X...I aborted the burn after 35 minutes, when it said only half done...this isn't gonna work...

Comment

Originally posted by bobmitch View Post
                Posted on Nero...the forum there isn't as good as here...no responses. Just tried a Blu Ray to Blu Ray using vso...OUCH! Talk about painfully slow. Normally takes my Pioneer 11:30 mins at 10X...I aborted the burn after 35 minutes, when it said only half done...this isn't gonna work...
                Hi bobmitch
                You may try to reset your DMA if you are having a dramatic speed issue now to do this
                Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.

Please post your logs the default location is:
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I reinstalled Imgburn and let that be that. It is definately an issue between Nero and Imgburn. Roxio burns any media I throw at it, regardless...no issues. I have posted on the Imgburn forums and Nero forums. It is up to the writers of these programs to sort this out. At this point, I doubt (based on past issues) that I will be continuing my relationship with Nero...they are always blaming something that I do. Last issue with Nero..."Oh, it's not our fault...you need the most up to date firmware for your drive"...well...one thing I always do is update to latest firmwares, etc. So that statement was not acceptable. The writers keep piling on code and features to these programs, and don't think of the ramifications. Blame the user...saves having to troubleshoot your own program. I give Fengtao credit...he and the team constantly try to work through bugs and updates. DVDFab is a good example of how other companies should treat their software. No rest for the weary, yet with this kind of diligence, I can see being a DVDFab customer for a very long time...

Comment

Why not posts a log from a burn with ImgBurn or Nero? So far many posts but no log.

It could be so easy that the error you see reported in both Nero and ImgBurn is there also in Roxio, it's just not reported to you. Roxio is notorious in that manner.

Comment

I sent Nero tech support the error log from my last failed DVD-R multisession burn. Up to them to let me know. As far as Roxio...never been a big fan...but there seem to be no problems with the Multisession burns to CD-R or DVD-R with their software. First time I can honestly say that Roxio seems more compatible...

BTW...no errors writing to Imgburn multisession...just Nero

Comment

I heard back from Nero. I guess my Taiyo Yuden blank DVD-R and CD-R media aren't up to Nero's standards, and that's why my -R burns fail. Guess it doesn't matter that my Pioneer drive writes fine with Imgburn and Roxio Pro 2011. My answer to them was that I have used nero since v4. V10 will be my last use of the overbloated, unreliable Nero.

What I still don't get is if I remove Imgburn from my computer and registry, and then re-install Nero...The Pioneer will burn ALL media I throw at it. My last answer from Lightening UK was that there is NO way that Imgburn can effect another program like that. I can make this problem happen and go away over and over and over again. Something's not right. If the vso burning engine didn't work so slowly with my Pioneer...then I wouldn't need Imgburn

Comment

Just to keep you all updated. The culprit was Kaspersky Internet Security...not Nero or Imgburn. Seems that for some reason, only effected the -R burns to my Pioneer...not my LG. How crazy is that. Actually, what was happening was that the read buffer falsely loaded during the -R burn (whether CD-R, DVD-R or BD-R)...and no data was allowed into the buffer, thus causing lead in, straight to lead out. By making all of Nero a trusted app in Kaspersky...now everything works normally. Odd thing was that neither Imgburn or Roxio were effected by this...only Nero...

Read:

Comment

Working...
                          X