Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DVDfab DVD to DVD feature still free with DVDfab 8.0.7.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key Is DVDfab DVD to DVD feature still free with DVDfab 8.0.7.3?

I have downloaded and installed the new version of DVDfab without purchasing a license and am having problems with copying a dvd.

I tried a second dvd in my home collection, and DVDfab worked just fine. So I think that the new version still allows a free trial of the DVD to DVD feature, but I am not sure why DVDfab is having problems with my first dvd.

Could this error be a bug in the new version?? Is it possible that the dvd has different protections that DVDfab cannot work around? Is the DVDfab DVD to DVD feature only activated with a purchased license?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You can use DVDFab in trial mode for about 30 days. You can use DVDFab in HD Decrypter mode (the "free version") forever. It will only allow Full Disc and Main Movie options. As a registered user, I have no way to easily test the new version, but it should work the same way as it always has. Sometimes protection updates are not immediately available in the free version. Provide any error codes and more information about the failure. Log files would be helpful also.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The trial period for any module is 30 days regardless of the number of updates; potentuially you could update daily for 30 days.
      The trials are also independent of other modules, so if you trial DVD Copy x 30days and it expires, you can still trail all the other modules.

Re: the failed attempt;
      anything is possible, but it's all guesswork without details.
      More likely, you need to clean the disc, alter the PathPlayer settings, etc.
      Please click on the thread:
      Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
      (link in my sig, below)

Please post the relevant logs...just copy and paste or use a text editor like MS Notepad

The default location is:

For Win7
      C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      or for XP
      C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

//Edit:
      Oops, too slow again
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Is it a recently released DVD that is the tricky one?

Comment

Working...
        X