Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mike That is good news and one for the file folder marked possible problems.

Upgrading or new installs of the OS are the last resort but sometimes needed.And as my friend maineman has stated maybe a new fresh install is in order for your machine.

Anyway glad to hear you got it figured out, Happy Burning

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
    Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

User Account Control

I believe I have your answer***I had some of the same problems, I was receiving Error Code 740 but what solved my problem was what is your problem. I had to contact Microsoft and this is what they said to do. Go to your start button and left click and type in field: UAC in the search field, which stands for User Account Control. Click on it when I pulls up, it will pull up a slide bar. Slide it all the way to the bottom where you turn it off. Click OK, I can't remember if it has you to re boot or not but if it wants you too. Be sure to go ahead. That should take care of your problem. Then after you get your program installed and working your can go back to start type in UAC and reset your setting back to where you had it and the program should work fine. Be sure that DVDFAB has under the properties icon checked also before you run it that its being ran as an admin.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        You can download it somewhere else, put it on a USB stick and apply from there.

I am pretty sure SP3 is needed to resolve your problem.
        Jumping about two threads, sorry:
        Re-installed WinXPproSP1 and downloaded Microsoft's SP3 update ISO - and that did it!
        Was not able to run any DVDFab 6 programs under XPsp1, just DVDFab 5.

Humble apologies for the thread hijack (thought my situation might be relevant).

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire View Post
          Jumping about two threads, sorry:
          Re-installed WinXPproSP1 and downloaded Microsoft's SP3 update ISO - and that did it!
          Was not able to run any DVDFab 6 programs under XPsp1, just DVDFab 5.

Humble apologies for the thread hijack (thought my situation might be relevant).
          Which is why you was told to start a thread of your own awhile ago

Comment

Working...
          X