DVDFab exit codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab exit codes

What are the exit codes of DVDFab? You know, the value returned to the caller process when the application exits:

I call DVDFab from a command line, and sometimes I get a 0 and sometimes a 4.

give the link below a read

Comment

Thanks for your reply, but that's not what I'm looking for. Those are the command line parameters, and I need to know the exit codes.

Comment

If you read you would see to use /CLOSE to exit program after conversion finished. I do not use the command line but to my understanding that what you use to close when finished. This link http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=1623 gives you the explanation for each command line

Comment

I already know about the /CLOSE command line parameter. I always use it. But that's still a command line parameter, not an exit code.

Comment

We don't have the information but will try to get it for you.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your interest. I googled and found nothing, so I guess it's not documented. Actually there's a big chance that DVDFab doesn't care about exit codes, and just returns anything, but that 4 I get sometimes makes me doubt.

As a feature request, I would like to see this kind of behavior:

- If the DVD was successfully ripped, end the process with exit code 0.
              - If the DVD wasn't successfully ripped because of read errors (scratched), end the process with exit code 1.
              - If the DVD wasn't successfully ripped because of a new form of copy protection, end the process with exit code 2.

And so on.

BTW, the link I provided in the first post is about .NET, but I guess a big app like DVDFab is written in old school unmanaged C++.

(Sorry for my poor English.)

Comment

Working...
              X