DVDFab vs. DVDFab Blu-Ray vs. Passkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab vs. DVDFab Blu-Ray vs. Passkey

For years I used DVDFab. Today I went to the DVDFab.com site to buy an updated version of it. I was expecting to simply find an updated version that is now also capable of also handling Blu-ray disks. What I did find was a number of products with no clear and concise description of what each does and how they compare.

Am I correct to assume that DVDFab Blu-Ray will not also handle standard DVD movies so I must also have DVDFab?

Is Passkey needed with DVDFab Blu-Ray? Both DVDFab Blu-Ray and Passkey state that they will remove all known copy protections yet the description of Passkey also implies it is needed with DVDFab Blu-Ray. How come?

I would appreciate some help understanding what these products specifically do, can't do, and how they overlap.

What I am looking for is something identical to the DVDFab I have used for a few years now that can also handle Blu-Ray disks. Does this product exist?

Originally posted by RhoXS View Post
    Am I correct to assume that DVDFab Blu-Ray will not also handle standard DVD movies so I must also have DVDFab?
    Correct, DVD Copy will handle only standard dvds whereas Blu-ray Copy will handle only BD discs.
    Is Passkey needed with DVDFab Blu-Ray? Both DVDFab Blu-Ray and Passkey state that they will remove all known copy protections yet the description of Passkey also implies it is needed with DVDFab Blu-Ray. How come?
    No, it is not needed. Passkey is an on-the-fly decrypting tool.
    In order to rip or burn, it must be used in conjunction with another application capable of ripping and/or burning.
    Think of Passkey as an updated version of the old, defunct, DVD Region+CSS Free

I would appreciate some help understanding what these products specifically do, can't do, and how they overlap.
    Best to read over the product descriptions, experiment with various modules which interest you and refer to the respective tutorials and manual as questions arise.
    Post back as necessary with questions/issues that need further clarification.

All modules are available as 30-day trials and are independent of one another.
    As you start using various modules, I suspect you'll have a much clearer understanding of the function and capability of each module.

What I am looking for is something identical to the DVDFab I have used for a few years now that can also handle Blu-Ray disks. Does this product exist?
    You'll need both DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. You response is certainly helpful.

I am used to using DVDFab that did everything in a single application. Although I do not seem to have a choice, I am dissappointed that DVDFab was not just updated to also handle Blu-ray disks. I have not yet made a decision on what I intend to do but I certainly have to consider the large combined cost of both applications that are now required.

Comment

Development costs money. Don't overlook the package deals and other discounts on the website.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X