This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet connection..Firewall issue

Not sure if this is beta issue or not, but I installed the recent beta version (6.2.0.2) with BD+ support and tried backing up Wolverine and after a lengthy scan to open the source, I get the message that "Internet is required to open this Blu-ray disc. .. If you have firewall installed, please configure it to allow DVDFab to access the internet."

I have Norten Internet Security and under Program Control have set it to Allow DvDFab, but I still get the same message/result.

Anybody have an idea how to set this up? Is there a Wiki somewhere that explains this?

I haven't had this issue before with my non BD+ so is this a new wrinkle?

Check your settings in Norton again, possibly set it to notify you for approval when something needs the internet(if it does this). The connection is required. Works fine with KasperskyIS 2010.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried that a couple times with the same result ...

Comment

Works fine with comodo free version also...and prior to installing win 7 x64 I used vista with avg paid version which also worked fine. (I'm just testing comodo since my avg is about to expire, very impressed so far)

Edit: Just a note but also if using a third party firewall make sure you DISable windows firewall also since it might cause problems.
        Last edited by W&B; 11-10-2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Good point, I have Windows firewall disabled also.

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
          Works fine with comodo free version also...and prior to installing win 7 x64 I used vista with avg paid version which also worked fine. (I'm just testing comodo since my avg is about to expire, very impressed so far)

Edit: Just a note but also if using a third party firewall make sure you DISable windows firewall also since it might cause problems.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm having the exact same issues - except I did not see the "Internet Connection" message until after I had hit cancel on the scanning message box. I let it run for 1/2 hour or so.

BD: The Spirit
            Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on Intel E8500
            DVDFAB: 6.1.2.5
            Firewall: Comodo Free, + Active Defense, Windows disabled
            AV: Avast! Free

Any suggestions or logfiles to research? BTW, I just got my BD today and this was my first experience with it.

Comment

Go to "Advanced Firewall Settings" and select the "Training Mode" then everytime a program trys to access the internet it should pop up an alert asking you what to do. Comodo is still new to me and really haven't had alot of time to explore all the settings yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                Go to "Advanced Firewall Settings" and select the "Training Mode" then everytime a program trys to access the internet it should pop up an alert asking you what to do. Comodo is still new to me and really haven't had alot of time to explore all the settings yet either.
                I'm finding out that the "Active Defense" or "Defense+" portion of Comodo is too verbose/naggy for the non-technical, but too much of a hinderance to anyone technically savvy and/or with some common sense. I don't have it on 2 of my W7 machines and I don't miss it. I did, however set it to training mode & install DVDFab as administrator.

Note that it's been several years since I've had an issue with DVDFab (kudos!) that I've forgotten where the debug/logfiles were.

Comment

Fab creates a folder by default in your documents folder, log files should be in there. You can also open Fabs common settings and select a specific place to save them in if you rather do that. Its under Common settings/general/Diagnosis

Comment

Solved

First, I looked at the logs and nothing had been updated once I had loaded that disk. So the logfile isn't verbose enough or I needed to enable debugging.

OK, it was Comodo. I looked in Firewall Events and saw a single entry for DVDFab. I created a "New Trusted Application" and selected a running proces - dvdfab.exe, and I was successful after that. However it took 4+ min to show that I was selecting a trial of blu-ray to blu-ray.

A couple of notes on Comodo: I'm coming from Sygate Personal Firewall Pro which I absolutely loved:
                    1) Just show me a traffic log man. I still haven't figured where that one is.
                    2) Defense+ - see my earlier comment. If you're on this board & you know about DVDFab then you probably don't need it (big assumption there).
                    3) It seems to "forget" when you approve/deny an application and asks you repeatedly.
                    That said, I like it and will keep it until something else blows it out of the water.

Comment

Glad you had success but 4+ minutes to open Fab's trial proggy or the disc?
                      1. Only logs related to the firewall is under common tasks/view firewall events then make a selection and click more then another window opens. you should see firewall logs/defense+ logs filters to the left. make a selection and right click on an event then export to a htm file. (seems like a needle in a hay stack)
                      2. Really I don't need it although I have it activated.
                      3. Thats odd, one thing you might check is on the summary page/Main page of comodo is to the right you'll see a box with proactive defense with files awaiting your review. click it and programs I trust I just place a tick beside and then select move to and then select my own safe files.

btw I'm really not at all "techie" as you can probably tell and someone else may have more experience with comodo.

Also I hope the original poster found success and this portion should probably be moved to its own thread (even though it may be about firewalls, the op asked about Nortan. So this might be considered "threadjacking".

Comment

Why is this internet connection required, anyway?
                        What kind of data is transferred???

Comment

Decryption keys must be d/led for Blu-ray to Blu-ray to work.

Comment

1) The internet connection requirement; is that only for BD+ or all blu-ray to blu-ray? I have not had this internet connection/firewall issue prior to the BD+ beta I installed
                            2) Anybody using Norton and have an idea of the proper settings? I paid for a year and am not interested in changing

Comment

Originally posted by untechnoman View Post
                              1) The internet connection requirement; is that only for BD+ or all blu-ray to blu-ray? I have not had this internet connection/firewall issue prior to the BD+ beta I installed
                              2) Anybody using Norton and have an idea of the proper settings? I paid for a year and am not interested in changing
                              Its for all Blu-ray to Blu-ray and not really sure about Norton, hopefully someone can/will advise on you on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X