Ripper Profile (Tags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripper Profile (Tags)

Is It possible for me to create a new "Tag" (Nokia) and make it show up on the left-hand panel, for instance;- AVI, MP4, Cellphone, Nokia,
    The new one being Nokia, if so how ? If not could it be added in the future ?

Yes, you can and you can also control which options are displayed and the list order. You will need to take the profile you want to use and edit and rename it folllowing the correct syntax for DVDFab. I will make a short guide for this later and post it here.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, signals,
      Many thanks for the quick reply, I was hoping it was possible, and am looking forward to the gujde notes,

Comment

What you are actually trying to do is to make an existing profile into a standalone device. The easiest way to do this is to open the profile with Notepad, make the necessary changes, and then use Save As to give it a new file name.

Adding Devices in the DVDFab Rippers

To interface correctly with the DVDFab UI, profile names and the first line in the profile must follow the patterns illustrated below. Profiles for DVD Ripper must be contained in the Profiles folder in the DVDFab installation directory, normally C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8 (x86)\Profiles. The file names follow this general pattern:

device group name.device name.file container.video codec.audio codec.device type or number.file suffix(xml)

which makes it easier to tell at a glance what the profile does. The first line inside the profile looks like this, using the Samsung D600 cellphone profile as an example:

<profile name="Samsung D600 (3gp)" version="200" device="cellphone" tag="dvdfab" description="The profile is used to create mp4(mpeg4 + aac) file, which can be played in Samsung D600 cellphone.">

The only thing you need to change here is the "device=" string, making it read "Samsung D600" instead of "cellphone". When you have done this editing, click Save As and save the new device profile with a new filename, which should not begin with "cellphone" or whatever device group your profile came from. In the example here, a good filename would be "SamsungD600.3gp.mpeg4.aac.xml". If Notepad saves it as a .txt file, just change the suffix to xml using windows before you try to use it.

When that is done, open DVDFab Common Settings->Customize UI and select "DVD Ripper", and click on the "New" button. You should see your new profile on the dropdown selection list in the box that opens. Select it, enter the tip text if desired, then click OK. The name should appear now in the "Available Options" window on the left. Use the ">>" button to move it to the "Options to Display" window and use the Up/Down buttons to put it in the position you want. I have several of these for devices I use frequently and I have them just under Generic, but you can put them anywhere you want. Click OK when finished and restart DVDFab. Your new device should show up in the DVD Ripper navigation pane on the left.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi, signals,
          Many thanks for the explanation, I have got the hang of it now, and have customized the left-hand selection panel perfectly for my needs.
          It will make it easir & tidier, as the converted files for each of my three cellphones are now going into there own individually named folders automatically.
          It is something I've wanted to do for a long time.I always keep copies of the edited files for future use, (just in case),
          Once again, many thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X