Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO file will just not read even w/virtual drvie

Please help me!!!

I have tried both converting from an iso and just from the .vob files. DVDFAB appears to start reading and loading the files, then it just returns to the screen that says drag or copy your files here.

The original dvd is actually a dvd that was created out of old family movies from the 50's. It is one continuous movies of about 2 hrs. with no sound. It plays fine in all dvd players and as an ISO it plays just fine using DVDFAB virtual drive and Virtual clone drive.

DVDFAB see's the iso but again it will not load it.

Any help would be greaty appreciated.

XP- SP3 and also does the same thing on my Windows 7 64 bit system.

Go into DVDFab Common Settings (small green checkmark), go to the PathPlayer setting, and set it to Disable. Don't forget to return it to the Always Enable mode.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still did not help

I disabled the path player setting, but still the same result. I did notice that under "common settings" - "info" tab, that the disc type says it is a data disc. How is this possible when it clearly is an ISO that I ripped from a DVD-R. In fact, when exploring the contents of the DVD, it shows all the .VOB files and the .bup files?

Again, thank you for your quick response.

Jarh3d

Comment

The original disc authoring may not be fully DVD-Video compliant. If the original disc is not copy protected, you should be able to copy it with almost anything, even windows, but you will probably get better results using ImgBurn in Read mode to make an image of the original. I would try re-making the ISO using ImgBurn.

Was the original disc made on a standalone recorder?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Original???

I'm not sure how the original was made as my grandparents paid some store to create the dvd. I will try using image burn and see if that works.

Thanks,
          Jarh3d

Comment

Originally posted by jarh3d View Post
            Please help me!!!

I have tried both converting from an iso and just from the .vob files. DVDFAB appears to start reading and loading the files, then it just returns to the screen that says drag or copy your files here.

The original dvd is actually a dvd that was created out of old family movies from the 50's. It is one continuous movies of about 2 hrs. with no sound. It plays fine in all dvd players and as an ISO it plays just fine using DVDFAB virtual drive and Virtual clone drive.

DVDFAB see's the iso but again it will not load it.

Any help would be greaty appreciated.

XP- SP3 and also does the same thing on my Windows 7 64 bit system.
            Dear Administrator,

I am having the same problem as jarh3d. I have more than 200 iso files which were converted from DVD disks recorded earlier using a DVD TV recorder. These 200 iso files can be read using other software such as VLC media player without any problem but just could not be loaded using DVDFab. (If you need a sample, I can send you one) Pls help so that I can load them into DVDFab and than convert them to my iPAD. Thanks

Comment

In theroy it should work but I haven't tried. Download winrar if you haven't extract iso file and you will get VIDEO_ts folder . Use folder as a source for Ipad conversion.

Also you can virtual drive to see if it helps.
              If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

Originally posted by ufopian View Post
                Dear Administrator,

I am having the same problem as jarh3d. I have more than 200 iso files which were converted from DVD disks recorded earlier using a DVD TV recorder. These 200 iso files can be read using other software such as VLC media player without any problem but just could not be loaded using DVDFab. (If you need a sample, I can send you one) Pls help so that I can load them into DVDFab and than convert them to my iPAD. Thanks
                Try disabling PathPlayer for these ISOs. The formats and authoring for standalone recorders vary, but at one time DVDFab would read the ones that my recorders (LG & Liteon) made if they were finalized correctly. Do you get any error codes? Are you using the ISO Source button to open them or mounting them in a virtual drive?

Comment

I have disabled the pathfinder already and it doesn't help.

I was reading the disk image directly using the open file command, not mounting it using the virtual drive.

There was no error code. DVDFAB appears to start reading and loading the files, then it just returns to the screen that says drag or copy your files here.

The original disks were recorded on DVD+RWs and were not finalised/closed before they were converted to .ISO files using a software called ISODISK. All converted .ISO images could be loaded and played directly using popular media player like VLC without any problem.

What else can I do now? would there be a new version to address this issue?
                  Last edited by ufopian; 10-24-2011, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X