Display Driver Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Display Driver Has Failed

I'm using DvdFab 8.0.7.3, just purchased it. When using the program I get a Display driver has malfunctioned and then recovered. This problem seems to stop whatever part of DVDFab from working when it happens. Is there a fix for this or a work around?

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate (64-bit), a i7940 processor, a HIS HD 5870 video card with the latest Catalyst drivers and have 6 gigs of memory installed.

At what point and which process in DVDFab does this happen? Make sure all your decode/encode settings are for Software only in DVDFab Common Settings->A/V Codec which may serve as a workaround. The preview window in DVDFab may also be interacting badly with the driver, try disabling Preview autostart and autoplay in Common Settings-Preview (top checkbox), also select Internal instead of DirectShow type of preview. If you have any error codes, post them as well as the version number of the driver.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      At what point and which process in DVDFab does this happen? Make sure all your decode/encode settings are for Software only in DVDFab Common Settings->A/V Codec which may serve as a workaround. The preview window in DVDFab may also be interacting badly with the driver, try disabling Preview autostart and autoplay in Common Settings-Preview (top checkbox), also select Internal instead of DirectShow type of preview. If you have any error codes, post them as well as the version number of the driver.

To answwer your first question it was within a minute or so after I started one of the programs. Anyway, I made the changes that you suggested and that has solved my problem, I'm getting no more display driver failures. Thank you very much for your help, signals. It is much appreciated.

Comment

You are welcome, I just wish we knew which of the things I suggested cleared the problem. The internal decoder for preview does not provide audio or subtitle decoding, so you may want to try it again with DirectShow but with the DXVA acceleration box unchecked.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X