Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skipping near the end of movie

Hey,

I notcied on my last few dvds they tend to skip towards the end of the movie. Always about 1:45 or so into the movie. Any ideas? I just upgraded to the newest release so maybe that will fix it?

I play it through Xbox .. maybe itsthe xbox or my burner? Weird how its usually fine up until near the end of the movie though. Happened on my last 4 dvd copies.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by dieselmx View Post
    Hey,

I notcied on my last few dvds they tend to skip towards the end of the movie. Always about 1:45 or so into the movie. Any ideas? I just upgraded to the newest release so maybe that will fix it?

I play it through Xbox .. maybe itsthe xbox or my burner? Weird how its usually fine up until near the end of the movie though. Happened on my last 4 dvd copies.

Any ideas?
    Post your logs.
    Post details of what you are doing.
    What media?
    What are your quality setting> 4300? or ?
    What is your burn speed?
    Which burn engine VSO of Imgburn?

Comment

will do when i get home. I have the newest version so i will burn one with that and see if that skips too... If so ill be back and post my settings. maybe the new version will take care of it. Thanks!

Comment

Reduce the burn speed if you have been using greater than 8X. The log files will help diagnose the problem.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I suspect you're burning too close to the edge, since this error has been reproduced consistently on the the last few burns.
          Other suspects already mentioned, like the "write size", burn speed, blank media, etc., are certainly on the list though
          and this could be a combo affair.

Great advice so far.

As suggested, please post the logs

The default location for Win 7 is:

C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Hey guys .. i reduced the burn speed in nero to 8x and the last movie i watched played with no skips!!! Not sure if it was either the movie, the reduce burn speed or the new dvdfab version. Will test another soon and leave it at 8x.

Thanks!

Comment

It was probably the speed and the blank media. If you want to burn DVDs at >8X you need the best media (Verbatim) and a good, accurate drive that is clean. Glad it is working now.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

yeah it must have been .. just did DUE DATE and worked fine with no skippign at all!!!!

8x and the same writables and the new dvdfab version ... I think it was the speed maybe.

Comment

Working...
                X