i7-950 vs i7-2600k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU i7-950 vs i7-2600k

Anyone using the CPU i7-2600k ? I'd enjoy hearing comparison i7-950 vs i7-2600k for use with DVDfab blu ray copy . If known , tell me how much time vs i7-950 to complete Blu ray copy task ..

I have the i7 2600k cpu but i don't have a bluray disks(empty) to help...If you want i can tell you the time converting in blu-ray ripper from iso or anything else to help you...

Comment

If you install a Blu-Writer , please keep me informed .. I'm a i7-950 . Thanks ..

Comment

I also have a lg blu-ray writer,but like i said i don't have blu-ray discs to make a 1:1 copy...

Comment

more cores > ghz

Comment

I would not expect the CPU to make a big difference in Blu-ray Copy, the main bottleneck is the disc read speed. For DVD/BD Ripper, or for compressing in BD Copy, it can be significant though, especially if your graphics card doesn't have CUDA support. I agree with izbrian about the quad cores.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I would not expect the CPU to make a big difference in Blu-ray Copy, the main bottleneck is the disc read speed. For DVD/BD Ripper, or for compressing in BD Copy, it can be significant though, especially if your graphics card doesn't have CUDA support. I agree with izbrian about the quad cores.
              Yup, nicely stated and agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Thats right....it's in the compression or conversion phase that you'll see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Gr View Post
                  I have the i7 2600k cpu but i don't have a bluray disks(empty) to help...If you want i can tell you the time converting in blu-ray ripper from iso or anything else to help you...
                  What are your ripping times or I guess, what fps are you getting with a, lets say mkv conversion at 1080p using 13,000kbps (or similar)?
                  Last edited by bper; 03-12-2011, 06:25 AM.

Comment

When i converting a blu-ray to 1080p mkv.h264.ac3 in 13,000kbps i'm getting 52fps but ONLY in cpu!So i need about 44 minutes.If i enable GPU cuda which i have a gtx 470 i need 29 minutes and i'm getting 80fps.I hope that helped you a little...

Comment

When i converting a blu-ray to 1080p mkv.h264.ac3 in 13,000kbps i'm getting 52fps but ONLY in cpu!So i need about 44 minutes.If i enable GPU cuda which i have a gtx 470 i need 29 minutes and i'm getting 80fps.I hope that helped you a little...
                      Whoa, cool then. My friend is goin w/apple and giving me his 2600k for cheap. I got a 1366 board but will be changing to 1155 since I have the cpu. My roommate has a i7 960 w/GTX470 and gets around 69fps and takes about 60-90min doing 2-pass. I'm assuming your times are 1-pass? Is your 2600k overclocked?

Comment

No,my cpu isn't overcloked because i don't need it and also you will not see any diference except 5 minutes less...The limit time sometimes isn't only in cpu but in aplication also!(I think...)I use only 1 pass because dvdfab in 2 passes have some problems in the preview window!Test it and you will see...Did you read the problems of chipset P67 and H67 from intel?I am not sure if you find yet any good mainboard...Just wait a liitle...If i use 2 passes just i need(from other time that i tested it)5-10 minutes more in every case,not very important...
                        Last edited by Chris_Gr; 03-12-2011, 02:24 PM.

Comment

No,my cpu isn't overcloked because i don't need it and also you will not see any diference except 5 minutes less...The limit time sometimes isn't only in cpu but in aplication also!(I think...)I use only 1 pass because dvdfab in 2 passes have some problems in the preview window!Test it and you will see...Did you read the problems of chipset P67 and H67 from intel?I am not sure if you find yet any good mainboard...Just wait a liitle...If i use 2 passes just i need(from other time that i tested it)5-10 minutes more in every case,not very important...
                          My roommates computer takes around 45min for 1 pass, so your 2600k setup is much faster, good news for me I guess. We don't see any problems with 2-pass. I play the movies on a 52" LCD, and I can see the difference between 1 & 2 pass (like artifacts and what not) so that's why I encode them at 2 pass. Yeah, I read about the defective boards but newegg and some other vendors are starting to release the revised boards. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                          X