What is Qt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other What is Qt

I've just noticed there's a new beta version with Qt. forgive my ignorance but what is Qt?

pete

I have the same question!And btw can someone of dvdfab development tell me if in this version we will have the possibilty to change the color of DVDFab skin?Except the blue color i would like to see others,like black,dark blue...

Comment

Quicktime?
      "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

I'd like to know the details of what it is too. Hardly any information is provided except to say it's here.
        I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

It is a GUI development environment that is cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux). It doesn't do anything extra. It is just an incremental step to allow DVDFab to work on a Mac. Nothing to see here for anybody that isn't already familiar with Qt.

Comment

I think they would still like for users to try the new version and report glitches in the GUI or other problems. There is a thread prefix for it. It installs in its own folder and will co-exist with the regular 8.0.7.9 Beta.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It is cool that it uses it's own folder. I would think that the red "for advanced users only" next to the link would preclude most people from using it unless they think it has something extra in it.

Comment

Probably true, not sure I understand that either. It is very well-mannered and has not caused me any problems, at least so far.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just had a quick play. Very snappy. However, and I guess this is going to be worked on, I prefered the way the menus "rolled" up and down rather than the instant change with Qt.

Pete

Comment

I still don't quite get it. Is this "QT" version eventually going to take over and be the lone version of DVDFab? I mean why have two?
                    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
                      I still don't quite get it. Is this "QT" version eventually going to take over and be the lone version of DVDFab? I mean why have two?
                      I would guess that there will be 2 versions until the QT version is ready for prime time. Otherwise, they probably would not have released a Windows version in QT.

Comment

Anyone know if our key will activate the QT version? I know stupid question for a mod as we should actually been told this prior to it being released

Comment

Yes, it installs fully registered. I had no idea it would be out today.

Comment

Thanks Signals and it looks like I will have to buy a Macbook soon as well

Comment

Not me. Win7 is fine for me, and I don't want to learn the ins and outs of a new OS. But they are nice machines.

Comment

Working...
                              X