Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Cinavia on Regular DVD Discs

Hello to all my Forum Friends,

I see that DVDFab is developing a fix for the BluRay discs that contain Cinavia. I was wondering if anything is being done for regular DVD's that contain Cinavia, since two of my purchases today contained Cinavia. The discs are "The Tourist " and "How Do You Know". DVDFab has never failed me so I look forward to this fix , maybe, in the near future.
    Since I am a member of "The Old Farts Club", please be gentle with me as I break very easily.

oldpacman

Yeah, a DVD player without Cinivia CRAP on it should cost all of $20.....

Originally posted by AGJ
    Use something other than a PS3 to play the back ups with
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Cinavia on Regular DVDS

Thanks Guys for your Replies,

I have never owned a PS3(nor ever will) so I guess my only solution is to buy a junk DVD(got plenty of those on my shelf gathering dust) and use that for my playbacks. But what about my computer that starts and sputters when it encounters this problem?

DVDFab has published guidelines for the BlurRay folks so it must be a big problem. Will it get bigger for us little folks? SURE THE HECK COULD!! What happens then? Does DVDFab plan on leaving us in the dust like VHS has been left in the dust? I would not like to think this could happen but the way the world is today; who really knows.

I am saddened at your answers, fully expecting to hear that a fix was in the works..

A great man once said "Keep Calm and Carry On" and so we all shall.

Oldpacman

Comment

I wonder if cinavia is your problem as my How Do You Know region 1 did not use it.

Comment

@oldpacman
          DVDFab has never left users in the dust. They are working on a better solution.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have no problem playing my DVD back ups on my computer. I as well have no problem playing the folder saved from a cinavia DVD on my computer so basically what program you using for playback on computer is what we really need to know.

Like Signals said DVDFab has never left users in the dust and I'm sure they are working on a fix

Comment

The Tourist DVD

I have similar problems. Though I will never be so dramatic and think that DVDfab (with the name "DVD" in the company title) will abandon DVD users for BDR, at least not anytime soon considering BDR disc for backups are still not cost effective and quite time consuming. DVD, in general is still top, at least I think so. So I think the "wohas me dvd user" is a bit much. That being said, I have the Tourist DVD, do not own a PS3 at the moment or any BD, tried to make a backup of the DVD, nothing. Tried different versions of DVDfab, kept getting stuck on "opening source" window, same with Passkey. Even crashed and dumped memories a few times. At the risk of being overly dramatic, I do agree with Oldpacman that there seems to be a lack of solutions or suggestions addressing the DVD side of Cinavia. I do see some forums claiming that quite a few people were successful backing up Cinavia, I myself have yet to share that success. Even the outdated DVD Decrypter seems to get further. Both Decrypter and competitor gets to 99% of VTS_01_02 64% overall and get's stuck on an endless cycle. I burned it with another program, it took about 3 minutes "trying to repair file structure" after it finished, it burned successfully, the backup plays fine, no issues, menus, subtitles, audio and all, up to about 15 minutes in, which is about where VTS_01_01 ends, then it skips to a different scene, then stuck, crash, and I give up. And there seems to be any definitive knowledge based on here that solves the DVD issues of Cinavia. Could be just that particular disc, but no scratches that I can see, and I also borrowed the Green Hornet from a friend, almost the same problem. Everything else, no ripping issues whatsoever with DVDFab. If anybody have any suggestions at all, how to configure DVDFab 8 QT or whichever version I might try, please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.
              Last edited by AGJ; 05-14-2011, 05:02 AM. Reason: remove competitor name

Comment

Originally posted by evilronin View Post
                I have similar problems. Though I will never be so dramatic and think that DVDfab (with the name "DVD" in the company title) will abandon DVD users for BDR, at least not anytime soon considering BDR disc for backups are still not cost effective and quite time consuming. DVD, in general is still top, at least I think so. So I think the "wohas me dvd user" is a bit much. That being said, I have the Tourist DVD, do not own a PS3 at the moment or any BD, tried to make a backup of the DVD, nothing. Tried different versions of DVDfab, kept getting stuck on "opening source" window, same with Passkey. Even crashed and dumped memories a few times. At the risk of being overly dramatic, I do agree with Oldpacman that there seems to be a lack of solutions or suggestions addressing the DVD side of Cinavia. I do see some forums claiming that quite a few people were successful backing up Cinavia, I myself have yet to share that success. Even the outdated DVD Decrypter seems to get further. Both Decrypter and competitor gets to 99% of VTS_01_02 64% overall and get's stuck on an endless cycle. I burned it with another program, it took about 3 minutes "trying to repair file structure" after it finished, it burned successfully, the backup plays fine, no issues, menus, subtitles, audio and all, up to about 15 minutes in, which is about where VTS_01_01 ends, then it skips to a different scene, then stuck, crash, and I give up. And there seems to be any definitive knowledge based on here that solves the DVD issues of Cinavia. Could be just that particular disc, but no scratches that I can see, and I also borrowed the Green Hornet from a friend, almost the same problem. Everything else, no ripping issues whatsoever with DVDFab. If anybody have any suggestions at all, how to configure DVDFab 8 QT or whichever version I might try, please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.
                Did you use the free version of the program?
                Last edited by AGJ; 05-14-2011, 05:01 AM. Reason: removed competitor name from quote

Comment

The Tourist DVD

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                  Did you use the free version of the program?
                  No, not a trial version. The full 8 QT version that just came out.

Comment

I have backed up the 2 titles that you tryed and have had good sucess in doing so, I go to my hard drive first and then use Imgburn and then play them on a samsung bluray player for the upconvert and they are just beauitful, if they have the cinavia on them I have not had any problems with it and I have backed up several titles since those came out as well with no problems with the Regular DVD's

Comment

The Tourist DVD

That's great that it worked for you. I still have no idea why not for me. Since I don't have any problems with any other films or any other versions of DVDFab. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                      X