This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is picture different?

I used DVDFab for the first time and was pleased with the results: the picture was in Letterbox format (bars across top and bottom - only. Then, flush with success, tried another DVD. This time, the picture was in Letterbox format BUT it had black bars on all sides. Since I could not have fifddled with settings, is there an explation for this difference and can it be prevented?

It usually tied in with the original composition resolution of the DVD. You can go to Video Effects settings and adjust the sizing.

Like this:-

Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-14-2009, 12:21 AM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

About squeezed letterbox

Were you referring to a free version of DVDFab? I could not find a screen with Video Effects Settings, like the one you displayed in your reply, on the free version of DVDFab I downloaded. Of course, I am not as familiar as you with the program, so I may have missed it.

Comment

Just a guess on my part since I don't have access to the free version but some DVD's have two versions of a movie on the same disc. (letterbox 16x9 and Full screen 4x3) but since the free version does a full disc rip to your hdd, and then you use a burner of your choice still the DVD player should allow you to select the version of your choice. Did you reauthor it with DVDshrink? Also some new widescreen TV's allow you to modify the picture, My Sony Bravia lets me select Full mode, Wide, Wide zoom and a few more choices. The problem may also be there.
        Last edited by W&B; 11-17-2009, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by george3095 View Post
          I used DVDFab for the first time and was pleased with the results: the picture was in Letterbox format (bars across top and bottom - only. Then, flush with success, tried another DVD. This time, the picture was in Letterbox format BUT it had black bars on all sides. Since I could not have fifddled with settings, is there an explation for this difference and can it be prevented?
          Are you using DVD to DVD or DVD to Mobile? If DVD to DVD, the program does not change the aspect ratio or have any control over the black bars. As suggested, check your player or TV zoom settings. If DVD to Mobile, the page Gregiboy captured for you gives complete control over the black bars. You can also click and drag on the green handles to resize the picture. Enabling automatic cropping will normally remove all black bars from the conversion. With this on, any black bars are probably due to the fact that the aspect ratio of the screen doesn't match the output aspect ratio of the movie.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is the DVD to Mobile function of DVD Fab. If you have only the free version of Fab, you don't have this option although it will function in the "30 Day Trial"

Download the latest version 6.2.0.5 from the links in this forum.

Originally posted by george3095 View Post
            Were you referring to a free version of DVDFab? I could not find a screen with Video Effects Settings, like the one you displayed in your reply, on the free version of DVDFab I downloaded. Of course, I am not as familiar as you with the program, so I may have missed it.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

About squeezed letterbox

I should have been more specific about my experience with DVDFab to help point to a solution. I used DVD to Mobile, Generic. After all was done, I viewed the movie, from a file, on my monitor, using VLC Media Player. The DVD I was working from had the widescreen VOBs on one side and the 3x4 version on the other. I picked the widescreen side and DVDFab, after analyzing the DVD, correctly showed the 9x16 format of the movie.

I have to say that DVDDecrypter had no success with the two DVDs on which I later used DVDFab. That was excellent, except for the "squeezed" widescreen result with one DVD. I probably should buy DVDFab.

Thanks to all who responded. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
              X