dvdfab wont load... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab wont load... again

need to 'speak' or correspond with a fab 'technician'.

it is happening again, dvdfab wont load/open the application after 'clicking' on the icon.

was given an instruction before to delete something in a folder... to 'reset' the application but I cant find the directions.

Hi sireast
    You need to do a clean uninstall of DVDFab8 because sometimes programs can get files that become corrupt. You can uninstall DVDFab with the uninstall program. Open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab, delete the "DVDFab" folder. Open "c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH" clean all the relevant ".pf " files with DVDFab. Then restart computer and check if there are some related files left, if does, please delete them.

You can also run CCleaner found here http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner to clean up registry remains.

Also be sure that your "fire wall" and "anti virus" is not blocking the download and to install the installer as "administrator".
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

did uninstall.. and

did not see any dvdfab .pf files on the prefetch folder

Comment

Hi sireast
        Be sure about the "fire wall" and "anti virus" that they are not blocking the download and to install the installer as "administrator".

Instead of clicking run click save, then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

it is happening again..

how many times do I have to uninstall and re-install the application?

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post
            it is happening again..

how many times do I have to uninstall and re-install the application?
            Until you find what it is on your system that is interfering with or blocking DVDFab. Possibilities include other software, autoplay, prefetch, windows security or other windows settings, 3rd party security and so on. You have not even told us what version of windows you have or what version of DVDFab you are trying to install/use.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

win-xp

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post

win-xp

Win XP Home or Pro.
                Sp1 ? Sp2 ? Sp3 ?

Comment

xp-pro sp3

cbr929...
                  I don't have a problem d/l the file..
                  it's when you click the dvdfab icon to open the application
                  I never had this problem before, prior to ver. 8, until the early version of 8 and now with 8.0.8.5
                  Last edited by sireast; 04-03-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Hi sireast
                    Sorry to hear that you are still having problems.

I hate to go over this again but did you uninstall per my directions and also install the installer per my directions????

What do you have for a anti virus program???

Are you logged on as administrator when you are trying to use Fab???

After you had installed the last time did you try right click on your desktop and run as administrator to see if it will run???

There is obviously something on your machine that is causing this problem.
                    I just can not put my finger on it because I am not there.
                    EDIT
                    Do you have any other programs that will not open and run?
                    Can you install any other version of 8 that will open and run? If so please try this, install that version you will find older versions here http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php and instead of installing over the top of that version you will be installing 2 versions of 8 to see if you can get the newest version running.
                    To do this please read this post http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...56&postcount=7

CBR929
                    Last edited by CBR929; 04-04-2011, 01:58 AM. Reason: Edit Text

Comment

Working...
                    X